Mod problems with Steam?

Hello, 

Ok, I have had KSP for a while now, I love it.  I also love using different add-ons and mods, but they always seem to work incorrectly.  I'm not really a computer newb and when I have had issues with mods (for example, SpaceY and the textures not working)  I go through everything I can find, try every solution, and things just don't seem to work.  I also can't even get the newest version to LOAD, so I am running 1.0.5.  My question: If I buy KSP through steam, will it be easier to manage?  Are there as many bugs?  I'm running a Mac with El Capitan.

I have absolutely no idea on dealing with Mac issues, but will say that most problems with new mods come from incorrect installation. If you are trying to use updated mods for 1.1.3 with 1.0.5 then unless they are part only mods they are unlikely to be trouble free.  A look at you r log would tell me a lot

Well, I don't even have 1.1.3 on my Mac any more.  Basically, I could do a clean install and if I tried to create a new game, it would show the Loading graphic in the lower right corner, freeze, and never start up.  I went as far as going into the Library/Hidden files and deleting anything associated with KSP, starting 100% from scratch, but still something was wrong. I just feel like I spend 1/3 of my KSP time making sure things are working properly so I can play.

On 12.9.2016 at 0:34 AM, ryanmdoyle said:

Well, I don't even have 1.1.3 on my Mac any more.  Basically, I could do a clean install and if I tried to create a new game, it would show the Loading graphic in the lower right corner, freeze, and never start up.

Have you tried some of the command line arguments from the other forum like -force-glcore33?

On 11-9-2016 at 7:42 PM, ryanmdoyle said:

My question: If I buy KSP through steam, will it be easier to manage?  Are there as many bugs?  I'm running a Mac with El Capitan.

If you bought the game already from a different source do NOT buy it from Steam. You'll be wasting your money as all versions are all EXACTLY identical. If a mod does not work on the KSP store bought version it won't work on a Steam bought version either.

I must agree with @SpannerMonkey(smce). Mods updated to 1.1.3 are far from guaranteed to work on 1.0.5

At this moment I can only give you one piece of advice: be patient. KSP v1.2 is on the horizon. And it's a lot more stable and playable than any version since 1.0.5.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.