My RSS space flight part 1

DunaManiac

My first launch: I used cheats for this and I called it "TheNeoCubest" I did a few more using Cheats, but my tenth launch I built a huge rocket with procedural parts, 

This was my first launch without using ALT-F12, and I put it into orbit, and I set a deadline that I would land a kerbal on the Moon by October 1st

I later built a launcher for manned space craft, I have some screenshots of it, I later exited the "Kercury" Program and into the "Kemini". I kept launching these until the great mod movement, when I installed Real Scale Boosters............  NOTICE, THIS IS with Real Solar System.

By the way, this profile picture is actually a picture of a capsule from the Kemini program.

3 minutes ago, KerbalXcer said:

I set a deadline that I would land a kerbal on the Moon by October 1st

Been playing for three years. Never thought to set actual deadline like that with my projects. Neat. Lets see those pics!

Edited by Motokid600

Just now, KerbalXcer said:

and I set a deadline that I would land a kerbal on the Moon by October 1st

That's a very fat chance. You have to spend some time fidgeting around with launchers, to get the most efficient design, then perhaps start looking into orbital maneuvers and docking, and then start making your way out with probes. I would know, I'm an experienced RSS/RO player. This is all very interesting, and I want you to keep this up, but don't expect to get to Luna by October 1st. I'll give tons of recommendations if you want me to.

I like new people actually trying to do something. Here's a like. :)

So, where are the pictures? Stats?

Edited by Matuchkin

Well, I did come awfully close, on that day I flew a kerbal by the Moon and here are the pictures:http://imgur.com/ZmpWiCu

http://imgur.com/a/aI9Tc

You know why My stage is not the regular "Mk1 pod on a Half sized fuel tank fueling an LV-909 engine?" Because I was bored with it so I made a different one.

14 hours ago, KerbalXcer said:

Well, I did come awfully close, on that day I flew a kerbal by the Moon and here are the pictures:http://imgur.com/ZmpWiCu

http://imgur.com/a/aI9Tc

You know why My stage is not the regular "Mk1 pod on a Half sized fuel tank fueling an LV-909 engine?" Because I was bored with it so I made a different one.

1. You can add more pictures on a single imgur album. This is easier to maintain. FYI.

2. A Mk1 on a half-sized fuel tank is not a good combination in RSS. I'd go about it like the Americans and Russians did: make a lander, and a service module to dock to.

3. Do you have realism overhaul? If not, get it- your life would be much better.

I cant, my computer is a piece of cheese, it crashes if it takes to much data. But, I did use RSB to do it. And, those pictures are my orbiter programs, the actual lunar flyby occured much later, PLEASE SEE!!!!!!!

Edited by DunaManiac

9 minutes ago, KerbalXcer said:

I cant, my computer is a piece of cheese, it crashes if it takes to much data. But, I did use RSB to do it. And, those pictures are my orbiter programs, the actual lunar flyby occured much later, PLEASE SEE!!!!!!!

Pictures?

Also: You did a Lunar flyby? Noice. You'll need a lot of extra hardware to make a landing.

I guess I can call myself an experienced craft builder at this point: I'm on the verge of my own Lunar program right now, and as it seems I see I have a bit more experience than you with building craft. No worries, I'll help you out.

Edited by Matuchkin

7 minutes ago, KerbalXcer said:

Sadly, I am done with the rss thing. I understand I will provably never land a kerbal on the moon. Right now, however I am doing stock, by the way remember to see part 2 of my rss history! By guys.

What the? Dude, don't give up! It's not as difficult as you think.

On 3-10-2016 at 6:09 PM, KerbalXcer said:

Sadly, I am done with the rss thing. I understand I will provably never land a kerbal on the moon. Right now, however I am doing stock, by the way remember to see part 2 of my rss history! By guys.

Dude, I had this thought so many times. When I finally mastered the stocksolar system, I tried RSS. One freaking disaster. Kept playing stock system but just got bored. Now I'm playing RSS for quite a time, and I really don't want to go back to the stock solar system. RSS had so much potential, so much challenge etc.. Everything goes almost the same as in real life, and it gives so your much satisfaction when you finally complete something like landing a kerbal on the moon. 

If you think KSP stock solar system is addictive, oh boy, that's just nothing comparing how addictive Real Solar System is. Something when I get my creation in a orbit around a planet, and I'm looking at the beautiful view you get, I really want to be there, not just in the game. 

So please, don't give up, yes it can be difficult for sometimes, but the whole learning progress is just great. If you want me to explain something about how something works in RSS, I'll love to explain it to you. :) 

Yes, I can get into orbit, Yes, I can go to the moon in rss. I'm just stumped on the landing part, though, help? :confused: By the way, any Real Scale Boosters lander craft files? PS: I am going back to stock because I want to do stuff that I have never done before (See Largest Gilly Spacecraft Discussion). Bye everyone see ya guys later!

Install RSS and RO

Seriously. Otherwise you're going to get really frustrated. 

Real fuels and procedural tanks also sets the entire suite of mods in balance. You would be surprised how much burn time and dV you can get out of some small tanks with right fuel and correct engine pairing. 

Dont give up! 

On 10/7/2016 at 10:16 AM, Wallygator said:

Install RSS and RO

Seriously. Otherwise you're going to get really frustrated. 

Real fuels and procedural tanks also sets the entire suite of mods in balance. You would be surprised how much burn time and dV you can get out of some small tanks with right fuel and correct engine pairing. 

Dont give up! 

Look at my posts, because I can't, and if you look you'll know why.

Edited by DunaManiac

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.