0.16: No more x2 time warp?

togfox

...it\'s unrealistic to re-enter at higher than 3 or 5 G, even though the kerbals are pretty resistant since G Force consequences aren\'t added yet, but when they will, EVERYONE will be waiting 11 minutes.

Source?

The Space Shuttle would go through 3g during reentry, and pods would go as high as 7g.

Tell me where it will be required that we have to reenter at 2g\'s or less.

You don\'t know how reentry is going to be on Kerbin when the mechanic is added. Don\'t even try to say what\'s realistic or not.

That is why I\'m trying to practice making reentries that induce fewer Gs (I\'ve gotten a few safe ones between 3G-5G about.). Another thing I\'m practicing is making safer returns from the Mun (to perform reentry) in the case high-Gs start killing kerbals as well as reentry burns. It is definitely worth it to be patient in the near future.

Source?

The Space Shuttle would go through 3g during reentry, and pods would go as high as 7g.

Tell me where it will be required that we have to reenter at 2g\'s or less.

You don\'t know how reentry is going to be on Kerbin when the mechanic is added. Don\'t even try to say what\'s realistic or not.

We can assume the 2 Gs will be safe because it is not extreme. We cannot assume that 7 Gs will be acceptable.

Which isn\'t what I said. I\'ve made no assumptions and made no use of the word 'assume' or any variation in any part of the post.

Again, tell me where any amount of g-force above two during reentry would be unrealistic.

Which isn\'t what I said. I\'ve made no assumptions and made no use of the word 'assume' or any variation in any part of the post.

Again, tell me where any amount of g-force above two during reentry would be unrealistic.

We can\'t know that until it happens. I was simply saying that 2 Gs is a safe bet, whereas 7 is more uncertain. So aiming for 2 Gs seems to be a practical goal at this point in time.