Excited!! to install docking camera..HOW

Boris Kerball

12 hours ago, razark said:

Did you try doing the thing with the stuff?

7 hours ago, MeCripp said:

The path should look like KSP/GameData/OLDD   and you will need ModuleManager *.*.* installed

?? Thing...with the stuff??  what thing what stuff it just said click to down load after a paragraph of all the that came with the down-load , but thanks for your response clearly I have to do morte.

Regards Brian

Thank you to all advice.. one more plz  do the same with module manager when I get it...

Ummm! I have looked at module manager and extracted to a folder at work just to see its content and it says 1.0.1 and !! continued file?? as I have no Mods installed I cant see how this will work

and I have read on the forums that it worked in the early days but not 1.2 yet since 8th oct loads of you guys have it working and the Videos prove it. Some more Advice plz guys.

Brian

well, seems like something going wrong.

lets check :wink:  (steps for manual installation)

1. Have KSP version 1.2

2. extract zip in Gamedata (mod path */GameData/OLDD/DockingCam/*.*)

3. install MM (my MM path */GameData)

4. install BlizzyToolbar (optional)

Oh I see,  good point sorry, in my excitement at getting probably the best Mod ever I did not realise there where other docking camera's as a newbie to this great game cant believe I missed it 3 yrs ago, I am trying to take in so much ifo I just want to play, I keep watching the tutorials from Scott Manley and Mr House (first name escapes me) I have put in 200hrs first month, and the wife still talks to me( nicely)..lol I now have the first part working ( camera) on the ground, I just need to know where to get Module manager that works with Kurs.

Regards Brian

Moduler manager is updated for 1.2 and can be found in mod releases. Do a search or find it somewhere in the first ten pages.

It can be a tad confusing since unlike other mods it's not a folder that you place in gamedata, but rather a single .dll file. I think the version number is 1.7.1 but I'd have tog check to be sure. But the dll goes into the gamedata folder.

Many thanks to all for your best advice BUT unfortunately I am  DUMMY and I needed a install for Dummies, I finally extracted the dll file, in the game data folder Path reads Ie: Gamedata\Odd\docking camera. and I have a camera attached to command module But no data message when only yards away and no cross hairs, a camera view from way behind my ship while docking manually, I gave up at 02.00 am, disappointed at my lack of ability, in IT matters. The game then Crashed 3 times in one hour, a message saying there's an error report next to game icon you need to send to the Dev team, I don't even know how to do that. and I am sure it;s my doing that's made this happen, so I will undo every thing I did yesterday and, hope it will become in game auto update in the future, such a great looking Mod to.

Regards Brian 

Just to be clear,  the module manager dll should be directly in the gamedata folder. So something like Gamedata/ModuleManager_2.7.1.dll (can't remember The exact name of the file). Only The actual docking camera mod should follow the folder path you just posted. 

And you're not a dummy. The vast majority of all computer owners have never mucked around with game folders.

Edited by JohnnyPanzer

Sounds like you might have downloaded the source code. Module manager should just be a single file called something like "ModuleManager_2.7.1.dll" and it should be placed directly in the gamedata folder, so NO subfolders. All other mods should be in their own subfolders in gamedata. It might be easier to not think of module manager as a mod, but rather a .dll file full of code that helps OTHER mods do all kinda cool stuff.

I'm currently on a phone at work, but when I get back home I'll post a complete step by step for you.

In the meantime, I believe the download page you are directed to when you click 'download' in the module manager thread includes the option to download the .dll file directly (instead of a zip) so that might be easier. Your computer might warn you (since .dll files can be used to alter other files) but you can safely ignore the warning in this particular case.

Edited by JohnnyPanzer

Okay, so here we go. Let's break this down into managable steps:

1. Locate the correct folder. It's the one named 'GameData' located directly in the 'Kerbal Space Program' folder. The path for a steam user would be Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData.

2. Make sure you have no leftovers from earlier attepts in there. The ONLY thing you should have in this folder (GameData) is a folder named 'Squad'. That contains all the stock parts, so do NOT delete it, but delete everything else in there. So now you should have a folder named 'GameData' and it should have no other folders or files in it aparts from the folder named 'Squad' (besides the subfolders located within the Squad folders, just don't mess with the Squad folder at all)

3. Download the zip file for the mod you want. In this case, I believe it was this one: 

Click on the download link at the bottom of the first post, then download the zip from SpaceDock. It might take a while since everyone's downloading mods like crazy right now because of the 1.2 release.

4. Open the zip file. Then drag and drop the folder found within it (named 'OLDD') to your GameData folder mentioned above. The folder will contain subfolders, but those will be copied along with the OLDD folder. You should now have exactly two folders in your GameData folder, one named 'Squad' and one named 'OLDD'.

5. Download Module Manager. Go to this link:

Scroll down past all the version changelogs untill you find two small links. One says ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll and the other ModuleManager-2.7.1.zip. The zip file just contains the exact same .dll that the first link leads to along with a README, but otherwise they are the same.

6. Drag and drop the file named 'ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll' (either from the directory you downloaded it to, or from the opened zip file) into your GameData folder. It should go directly into the GameData folder and NOT into the 'OLDD' folder.

7. Your GameData folder should now contain three things. A folder named 'Squad', a folder named 'OLDD' and a file named 'ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll.

8. Enjoy.

P.S. If this doesn't work, you may have a corrupted download of the game itself, or maybe you simply never updated to the 1.2 version. Let me know if you have any further issues.

Your the Man...thank you so much, I will now Donate to this guy, it works The only other folder in the games data folder is  

STOCK BUG FIX CONTROL PLUS v.1.13B1 now I did not put this there is it a steam thing.. the game does crash when I leave space to check other craft done it twice in the last 2 hrs..?

I can live with that...lol.

thanks again JP.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.