B-2 Spirit of Kerbin [0.16 STOCK]

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my absolute pleasure to present to you the:

B-2 Spirit of Kerbin

This is a replica of the famous B-2 Spirit Bomber. It looks beautiful, flies poorly. It requires a precise sequence to take off, and will fly for only several minutes before the perfectly-balanced fuel becomes too unbalanced to maintain level flight. However, it is quite the sight to behold.

Why not put fuel tanks in the wings where the center of gravity is so it won\'t unbalance itself? :)

I was pretty tired of KSP after about 8 hours of building this thing, so I didn\'t have the patience to try and balance everything perfectly. I invite anyone who\'s interested to fiddle with this plane and try to make it manoeverable, just as long as you post the new one or send it to me so I can update it on this thread!

Hm, it completely tanks my framerate.

I do have a very powerful computer (and even then was at about 15 FPS), and have a horrible habit of building planes with extremely high part counts. I\'m sorry :(

I do have a very powerful computer (and even then was at about 15 FPS), and have a horrible habit of building planes with extremely high part counts. I\'m sorry :(

I have a pretty good computer as well. The framerate goes down gradually, which is very weird. It starts off low, because the game is loading terrain, so as usual I open the menu to make it load faster. When I close the menu the game is running smoothly, but over about ten seconds the framerate gradually decreases until it\'s just a very very slow slideshow. Very odd.

I have a pretty good computer as well. The framerate goes down gradually, which is very weird. It starts off low, because the game is loading terrain, so as usual I open the menu to make it load faster. When I close the menu the game is running smoothly, but over about ten seconds the framerate gradually decreases until it\'s just a very very slow slideshow. Very odd.

I\'ve found that as you pick up speed on the runway, the framerate drops. Perhaps moving faster requires more physics calculations or something.

You sir have bested me on over 100 levels :o

I made a B-2 Spirit in 0.15.2 but I only replicated the topdown view and had alot of engines under the wings.

Most exellent job!

Brb, stealing designs methods =P

I\'ve found that as you pick up speed on the runway, the framerate drops. Perhaps moving faster requires more physics calculations or something.

The framerate drops for me even when I\'m standing still. It\'s definitely physics-related, though. When I open the menu (i.e. pause the game and thereby the physics) the framerate reset to smooth, then gradually tanks again. Very weird.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.