Removed some great features

LordKael

10 minutes ago, LordKael said:

Did anybody notice the lack of some really great features from 1.1 in 1.2? The one that really bothers me is that SQUAD got rid of all of the RCS options to control when it fires and all that. 

Turn on Advanced Tweakables in your options.

Just now, _stilgar_ said:

Nothing was removed. You just need to enable Advanced Tweakables in settings. This was made so the context menus weren't cluttered for people who didn't use those things 

Actually, something minor was removed. If you activate the Navball in Map View then exit out of MV, when you come back, it's gone and you have to pull it up again. It stayed up in 1.1.3.

12 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Actually, something minor was removed. If you activate the Navball in Map View then exit out of MV, when you come back, it's gone and you have to pull it up again. It stayed up in 1.1.3.

Oooh, is that what the Auto Hide Navball setting (in the settings menu) is doing?

I must say, one new feature i love is the ability to disable auto hide navball in the map view. I always had to open it when i went in to the map view. Those precious few seconds of no control often was the cause of a rocket launch going badly wrong.

Just now, TopHeavy11 said:

uncheck auto hide navball in settings. And the great thing about that is when you first go into map mode it's already up.  I've been hitting . just after going into map mode for so many years that now when I open map mode and no longer need to do anything I feel like I'm forgetting something. But this is much better. Now if only toggling the Ap/Pe markers would remain when switching view....

41 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

27 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Oooh, is that what the Auto Hide Navball setting (in the settings menu) is doing?

Yes, I posted that question as a bug about 20 minutes ago before I found the menu

36 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

Not everyone can figure out what they means. especially in this case.

Neither did I. I genuinely didn't know what that option was doing until I read the complaint that the Navball disappears when leaving orbit view.

The ore scanner interface was replaced with kerbnet UI locked in a purple monochrome color scheme. I don't like purple monochrome.

Edited by J.Random
Nope, it was changed from 1.2-pre, there's a "color" button now. I would still prefer the same icon as in map view though.

17 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

And it's a really weird choice to have it on as default. :huh:

yes, only reason to hide it is a few times doing stuff like KAS building in eva and some screenshots where you don't want it to clutter but also want to see on screen stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.