Radial Decoupler Bug?

Hi, im pretty new in KSP but since the new patch i have a problem. The radial decouplers are not working one FL-800 Tanks anymore. They work fine with the solid fuel boosters, but once i switch back to the liquid ones, nothing workes. 

And yes i tried turning them (so they are attached to the Center or the fuel tanks on the outside), bringing them further away from the attaching point, even so far they dont touch anything anymore, and still they hold everything together (even after decoupling....)

Just one more thing, this problem is since yesterday, and even saved spaceships that worked fine do not work anymore!

(first post and im not sure where to upload the pictues so just take this here and i will read it up later...)

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-31893916/decoupler.png.html

1 hour ago, Blabinator said:

Hi, im pretty new in KSP but since the new patch i have a problem. The radial decouplers are not working one FL-800 Tanks anymore. They work fine with the solid fuel boosters, but once i switch back to the liquid ones, nothing workes. 

And yes i tried turning them (so they are attached to the Center or the fuel tanks on the outside), bringing them further away from the attaching point, even so far they dont touch anything anymore, and still they hold everything together (even after decoupling....)

Just one more thing, this problem is since yesterday, and even saved spaceships that worked fine do not work anymore!

(first post and im not sure where to upload the pictues so just take this here and i will read it up later...)

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-31893916/decoupler.png.html

Hello and welcome to the forum,

also from the picture you have provided,you're not using the latest KSP version which is 1.2

I am not seeing any radial decouplers in your staging list at all. Somehow they are missing. Something has definitely gone wrong in the VAB when you were creating this vessel. Your picture uploaded nicely.

We need to see the steps for creating a ship like this. When you put the radial decouplers on in the VAB did they show up in your staging list? When did they disappear?

1 hour ago, bewing said:

I am not seeing any radial decouplers in your staging list at all. Somehow they are missing. Something has definitely gone wrong in the VAB when you were creating this vessel. Your picture uploaded nicely.

We need to see the steps for creating a ship like this. When you put the radial decouplers on in the VAB did they show up in your staging list? When did they disappear?

Yes, i already staged them, they blew up, flew away but the tanks remain stuck to the ship. build is simple, take an FL-800 tank, put decoupler on (in any way... i've tried it all...), everything seems normal but it does not decouple, as you see in the picture there is nothing connecting the parts anymore but still they are stuck together.

1 hour ago, sebi.zzr said:

Hello and welcome to the forum,

also from the picture you have provided,you're not using the latest KSP version which is 1.2

Thanks! I will do that... My KPS version is 1.2.0.1586 (which should be the newest...), also in the picture i took.

Edit:

okay after reading this:

Im using steam, 64 bit win 10, version 1.2.0 of the game, and i havent yet figured out how to find the output log.... and im running no mods or anything...

Edited by Blabinator

52 minutes ago, Blabinator said:

Yes, i already staged them, they blew up, flew away but the tanks remain stuck to the ship. build is simple, take an FL-800 tank, put decoupler on (in any way... i've tried it all...), everything seems normal but it does not decouple, as you see in the picture there is nothing connecting the parts anymore but still they are stuck together.

Those symptoms sound like you are accidentally attaching the tank to the core stack instead of the decoupler. I would remove the boosters and decouplers you've placed, then place new decouplers (don't need to rotate them), then place the tanks. Your mouse cursor must be over the decoupler itself when placing the tank for it to properly attach to it.

I agree with Red Iron Crown's answer. When you are trying to attach larger diameter booster tanks to radial decouplers it's easy to miss the decouplers and accidentally surface attach the boosters to your central tank. The trick is to rotate the camera in the VAB so that one of the decouplers is facing directly towards you, then grab your booster tank with the mouse and make sure that you point at the very center of the decoupler directly underneath the point of your mouse when you click to attach.

If you watch carefully you'll notice that the booster segment you are holding will snap toward or away from you ever so slightly when you hover over the central tank and then the decoupler. Sometimes it's a small target to hit correctly, but it's easier to see what's happening if you have 4x radial symmetry on and then you can see what the tanks on the two 90 degree angles are doing. Then you can just grab the decoupler once the booster is attached to it, change the symmetry number to what you want and then reattach the decoupler/booster combo back onto the central tank again.

If you are worried that it doesn't put your booster high or low enough then you can always use the translate gismo, hold down shift, then slide the tanks up or down after attaching them.

Edited by HvP

Yeah, I just had a moment to test out the FLT800's with the radial decouplers, and it worked fine. So I'll go with the consensus -- getting things to attach to the detachable side of a radial decoupler is a little tricky, but it's still working.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.