Stock Community Base for 0.16

sjwt

Should we allow multiple launches on the one flight window?  

1. 1. Should we allow multiple launches on the one flight window?

Alright, first flight is up! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mote base! (sorry, Stogas!)

screenshot14.png

Why\'s it called Mote base? Well, it\'s right in the middle of the eastern 'eye' on the Mun.

screenshot19.png

The location\'s not the hardest one to get to, and the terrain\'s pretty gentle; I figured I\'d start with a relatively easy base while everyone\'s getting used to the new parts. If we get enough ships up here to get a second base going, we can set that one up someplace harder.

screenshot18.png

Anyway, the boys hopped out for a quick group shot, but they headed back in to hang out and wait for more people (I don\'t think anyone wants to drop a lander on a munwalker\'s head).

screenshot17.png

The welcome mat\'s out, drinks are in the chiller, and the munchies are rehydrating, so come over and say hi!

Save file\'s attached,

Candre, you\'re up!

(Yes, I pinged him, too!)

I would like to schedule a commuter flight from the Kerbin runway to about that distance shown in the image. I can create a new station or land at any pre-existing one within the radius. Maximum flight time is ~32 minutes.

I would like to schedule a commuter flight from the Kerbin runway to about that distance shown in the image. I can create a new station or land at any pre-existing one within the radius. Maximum flight time is ~32 minutes.

That\'s a nice looking plane. I think my Kerbin base will be within your range, and I\'ll try to find somewhere where one can nicely land a large-ish plane like yours and mine.

ChronicSilence, you can go ahead with your flight. I\'ve got a lot to do today and tomorrow and won\'t be able to fly. Put me at the bottom of the list, as I\'d still like to take a shot.

Alright folks, here you go. I have landed the headquarters for the new Minmus base, called 'Kronos'. Photos below. I also attached the .craft file for the ship I used, in case anyone\'s curious. Location: 14deg 40\' 15\'\' N, 332deg 6\' 3\'\' W

The headquarters ship:

26ICW.png

Billy-Boblan gets a nice view of the other bodies:

BsjTP.jpg

Stogas, your turn!

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Donnard Kerman and I will be your captain on this flight from Kerbal Space Center to the Kerpan Island Holiday Resort. We will be taking off the runway 09 shortly. Flight time is expected to be 30 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts, fold up the tables in front of you, set your reclining seats in vertical position and refrain from using electronic devices until we have reached our cruising altitude. In the name of the crew and Kerbal Airways, I wish you a pleasant flight!

screenshot185.1024.jpg

screenshot187.1024.jpg

If you look out the windows, you can see we have released our drop tanks. Drinks will be served shortly.

screenshot189.1024.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now beginning our final descent to Kerpan Island. Local time is 11:23am, weather forecast is sunny, with no chance of clouds.

screenshot190.1024.jpg

We have touched down at the Kerpan Island Holiday Resort. Please remain seated with your seatbelt fastened until we have reached our final parking position and the engines have been turned off.

screenshot197.1024.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we have now reached our final parking position. You can now unfasten your seatbelt and exit the aircraft. Thank you for flying with Kerbal Airways, and we wish you a pleasant stay at the Kerpan Island Holiday Resort!

screenshot202.1024.jpg

ChronicSilence, you\'re up next.

EDIT: And does it have to be a 3-man pod?

Nope, I think we\'re all just interested in playing with the new parts. Feel free to bring a 1-man pod, or even one of the cockpits, if you like.

Also, put me down for a flight out to Minmus!

I\'d like to book a Mun flight, either to the existing base (although it is getting a bit crowded) or to establish a new one. I\'ll be bringing my new rover design - the Lizard:

screenshot205.1024.jpg

(although it is getting a bit crowded)

That\'s sorta the goal.

Also, nice Lizard! I\'m just in need for a rover for my Minimus Research facility, since I lost a kerbal a few klicks from it without any fuel left, and I\'m not in the mood for walking. The Lizard will be a nice reference to design my own (I will probably need a 3-pilot one, since I will want to land the rover on the base, so someone will have to drive and pick him up.

Alright folks, all done here. I have successfully landed the Kronos Rover (the Minmus base), and it\'s a hella lot of fun to drive. One man cockpit, room for four kerbals to have a seat on the ladders on the back. It has small engines for forward thrust, and an extensive RCS system for maneuvering and reversing.

I only ask that if anyone wants to play around in the rover, please do so AFTER posting the new persistence file, so that everyone gets it with full fuel. If that doesn\'t work, I\'ll just launch a replacement in the future ;)

cpvGt.jpgnwPQd.jpgsCWig.jpg13FrK.jpgPiM5e.pngKLdyK.jpgjNSC7.jpgSpLh4.jpgAwSal.jpg

Zekes, you\'re up!

Can I also get on the list for a mission to Mun to put this same rover there?

EDIT: Also wanted to say that the plane that olex landed on Kerbin is on a hill, and so it falls apart and explodes if you try to load it.

Thought: I propose that we make a deal to keep all Kerbalnauts inside their spaceships when uploading the new file. After only a couple flights, the flight list is very long because we all left our Kerbals outside.

Well, the Kingdon of Zokesia has achieved its first community launch since the Great Chaos. Barmand, Camdrin, and Gregmund launched at 0:600 in their K2-STK Lander after a hearty breakfast of steak and solid rocket propellant.

T-7 mnutes begere landing, Zokesian mission control (3 dudes drinking gentlemen conversing about the mission in a white room) decided to alter the landing position to 4.5 km to the east of the base, to provide the base the ability to expand without becoming too 'lagg-tastic.' The first steps for a Zokesian kerbonaut in over 2 kears was made by Cadmin. He planted the Zokesian Flag in front of the K2-STK and then headed to the main base. After some conversing, Cadmin relaxed and was soon joined by Gregmund.

screenshot16.png

screenshot17.png

screenshot18.png

screenshot19.png

screenshot20.png

screenshot21.png

screenshot22.png

screenshot23.png

screenshot24.png

screenshot25.png

screenshot26.png

screenshot27.png

screenshot28.png

ZOKESIA.png

img upload

We want to keep Barmand from going insane by himself in the ship, so I am signing up for another flight to the same base, to give him company and resupply the base (yes, in a K2-STK...)

Cheers!

ZOKESIA.png

Looks like you put me up for a flight to Kerbin. Sorry, I didn\'t really intend to do that. Could you switch it to a second flight to Minmus? I want to try to land a rover...

Done

Nope, I think we\'re all just interested in playing with the new parts. Feel free to bring a 1-man pod, or even one of the cockpits, if you like.

Also, put me down for a flight out to Minmus!

done and dusted

I\'d like to book a Mun flight, either to the existing base (although it is getting a bit crowded) or to establish a new one. I\'ll be bringing my new rover design - the Lizard:

I have put you down for the mote base, please advise ASAP if you wish to change this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.