Non-rechargeable batteries?

Sharpy

Can I achieve non-rechargeable battery functionality somehow without a plugin? A battery that once emptied can't be charged again?

Also, can I set a battery (in part's .cfg) to be 'preferred' - discharge first, before other batteries on the craft?

Edited by Sharpy

One idea would be to use a resource that it is provided only by your own parts (like a "BatteryCharge" resource or something like that). Then set the flow mode to be "STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW" (so that the priority will be bottom -> top) and transfer mode to be "PUMP" (so that it can be transferred around if required).

@Phineas Freak: Not quite what I want. A disposable battery, that can be used by the whole craft and is dumped once discharged.

I think I have an idea. Resource "BatteryCharge" and a resource converter to EC. The resource would have NO_FLOW (drawn only from own module) and the converter would be AlwaysActive and quite efficient.

Edited by Sharpy

StoredCharge is still present in Community Resource Pack, so I'm gonna... allocate it :)

Now just to figure a ModuleManager syntax to create a block when a mod is NOT present, so that my mod doesn't depend on CRP, but plays nice with it: use CRP's definition if present, own if not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.