[Scatterer] Lag

Hello kerbanaughts!

Sorry to bring this question up, but I have been getting some noticeable lag when using the Scatterer mod.

To try and help this, I have turned 'Ocean Shaders' off. Still, no use and i would really like to use the atmospheric effects.

Ksp version: 1.2

GPU (probably most important here) Asus 1080 strix (reference card: NVIDIA GTX 1080)

CPU: Intel 4790k at 4.0 GHz

16 GB RAM

The lag is probably down to about 40 frames with.... 1 part on the launchpad. And then, with more parts, it starts to go further and further down, when before I could manage ¬800 parts with playable FPS. Please can somebody help me? I highly doubt I should be getting this lag with my GPU, and shaders are GPU based, not CPU (afaik). 

Other mods I am using:

Various part mods, EVE. (the lag started as soon as I installed Scatterer, and goes away when i remove it.)

Without more information it will not be possible to diagnose your problem.  You really need to supply a proper list of mods including their versions, an output_log.txt file and probably a DxDiag report too.  There are details of where to find these things in the "How to get support" sticky thread in this sub-forum.

I would think the most likely thing is that your video card is using a generic driver rather than the correct one for your video card.  The log (and DxDiag) should show if this is the case.

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.