How to create hatches in blender?

Now that we can make crew-able parts by editing the .cfg files, it has come to my knowledge that you can\'t designate the parameters for a hatch in the ,cfg file. I assume that the hatch is another layer that you would add in blender (or another modeling program), but I am unaware as to how you do it.

I was wondering the same thing.

I have a small munnar base on the works, but i need to know how to add hatches and in-model ladders to the dae model.

If someone could clarify this point, it would be really appreciated. ;D

If anyone knows how to make functional airlocks let me know.

And nozzle heat effects.

Question1.

Short answer is: you can\'t make airlocks without the either devhax or the new yet to be released parttools.

Long answer:

1. Create a box around your airlock in your modelling software

2. Load your stuff into unity

3. Add a unity tag named 'Airlock' and a layer named 'Part Triggers'

4. Assign the tag to your airlock and move it to the Part Triggers layer you just created

5. Use the new yet to be released parttools or devhax to export your part.

I\'ll try to make a tutorial video on this stuff unless a dev makes one first as soon as the new partools drop.

Question2.

Like this: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=13450.0

Since the new partools are not out you can\'t add hatches or ladders yet, simple as that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We could use some screens of how the boxes are actually positioned in the 3d software though. Step 1 sort of brushes over quite a bit of the mystery :P

I completely agree. What sort of box? Does it get a material? How big is it? Is it made of cardboard? Are there gifts inside?

• 3 years later...
I did all that, but now my part doesn't even show up in KSP. (Yes I used Part tools) It was showing up before I did the Airlock thing. Could it have something to do with the fact that I named the 'box around my airlock' as "Hatch"? Maybe the game checks for that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.