Should add more outer planets

I agree.  The two major things id love to see is a volcanic planet (preferably with actual lava in places with the corresponding heating effects), and something with synthetic constructs (say some post apocaliptic alien world with spaceports, roads, ect, ofc no actual aliens but what was left behind by them, preferably with a few lit buildings/whatnot that have some power left).  Otherwise, i really hope they focus on the small scale with the planets, something that is severely lacking in regular KSP.  With a few exceptions, you have a few large scale features like a valley here or a mountain there, but there is nothing in the small scale.  Id love to see very small trenches, canyons, steep cliffs, caves (yeah i know that one is prolly never going to be implemented), volcanoes, glaciers, cracks in ice, ect.  Pretty much something to make the landscape look more like something out of a sci-fi movie or something that lets you dodge terrain as you try to bomb a bunker...

1 minute ago, panzer1b said:

I agree.  The two major things id love to see is a volcanic planet (preferably with actual lava in places with the corresponding heating effects), and something with synthetic constructs (say some post apocaliptic alien world with spaceports, roads, ect, ofc no actual aliens but what was left behind by them, preferably with a few lit buildings/whatnot that have some power left).  Otherwise, i really hope they focus on the small scale with the planets, something that is severely lacking in regular KSP.  With a few exceptions, you have a few large scale features like a valley here or a mountain there, but there is nothing in the small scale.  Id love to see very small trenches, canyons, steep cliffs, caves (yeah i know that one is prolly never going to be implemented), volcanoes, glaciers, cracks in ice, ect.  Pretty much something to make the landscape look more like something out of a sci-fi movie or something that lets you dodge terrain as you try to bomb a bunker...

i would like a planet with life

Just now, Program Kerbal Space said:

i would like a planet with life

Im pretty sure the devs were against introducing any sort of "aliens" into the game, but stuff like greenery is more then possible i would think.  That would also be interesting to visit, something like kerbin-v2 where the kerbals can go after civilization on kerbin destroys the planet in teh same way the puny humans on this planet are doing...

Just now, panzer1b said:

Im pretty sure the devs were against introducing any sort of "aliens" into the game, but stuff like greenery is more then possible i would think.  That would also be interesting to visit, something like kerbin-v2 where the kerbals can go after civilization on kerbin destroys the planet in teh same way the puny humans on this planet are doing...

can you read minds because thats what i thought O-o

More of the same low-effort-plastic-looking planets, where you land in one place and you have seen everything? no thanks. I would rather see improvements in the look and surface features of our current planets, but I know that with Squad as is today the chances of that happening are nil.

Edited by m4v

Just now, m4v said:

More of the same low-effort-plastic-looking planets, where you land in one place and you have seen everything? no thanks. I would rather see improvements in the surface features of our current planets, but I know that with Squad as is today the chances of that happening are nil.

ANOTHER GREAT IDEA YEAY

13 minutes ago, Peder said:

I agree with more planets far away... But truth is that most players never get any futher than  moon, minmus and maybe duna.

Yeah, while it is fun in its own way, there is a massive subset of the community that focuses on aircraft and probably never makes it to the mun.  Not that its wrong, but you have a point about it not being in the interest of everyone to bother adding more planets unless squad adds the ability to launch craft from the surface of multiple planets (perhaps after their discovery), then even airplane people would have a good reason to at least see what their unearodynamic monster can do on another planet...

I think the best idea right now it to overhaul at least some of the more popular planets (im looking at you duna with your arss ugly textures and lack of any really iconic landscape features on the lower level) with better textures, better geometry, and ideally at least 10-20 easter egg like constructs...

Just now, panzer1b said:

Yeah, while it is fun in its own way, there is a massive subset of the community that focuses on aircraft and probably never makes it to the mun.  Not that its wrong, but you have a point about it not being in the interest of everyone to bother adding more planets unless squad adds the ability to launch craft from the surface of multiple planets (perhaps after their discovery), then even airplane people would have a good reason to at least see what their unearodynamic monster can do on another planet...

I think the best idea right now it to overhaul at least some of the more popular planets (im looking at you duna with your arss ugly textures and lack of any really iconic landscape features on the lower level) with better textures, better geometry, and ideally at least 10-20 easter egg like constructs...

i can make it to the mun but that doesnt mean i survived... i ran out of fuel at the last moment then went crashing at high speeds on the mun

They should just contract for OPM to be stock.

• It has the "Kerbal Spirit" of the other planets (in naming as well)
  • It has an impressive amount of quality new content (yes even if it's more places to land... I find fun on these worlds nonetheless)
  • It continues to roughly mirror the Real Life Solar System.
  • It adds challenge for power since although Solar panels can still "work" at Jool, it's another ball game past the planet.   Something that would make for interesting designs, especially in stock.
  • The only thing is that a 7 moon planet would be nice.  Someone suggested Neidon, I suggested Urlum with lots of different moons (seek my post out if you want to read it).
  • It's already "Finished" tho who knows what @CaptRobau might decide to add in the future.

It would make a superb and fantastic addition into the game which would be ready to go rather quickly.
I'm dying for that mod to be updated for 1.2, especially since I'm almost finished with the tech tree right now :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.