Just noticed something...

kingblue12

Just something i saw watching the new Kerbal teaser trailer, that the logo on the side of the pod above 'how hard can rocket science be anyway?' looks very similar to the Wayland-Yutani Corp from the ALIEN and Predator series. I\'m not sure if they did it on purpose and if they could get into any legal difficulties, but lets hope not! :D

28kwok.png

Weyland-Yutani_Corp._Logo.gif

It\'s nowhere near being a legal concern, I wouldn\'t worry about that. Right now the bigwigs are probably getting more concerned about what\'s going on in China than to worry about one little company in Mexico.

Anyway, I think it is a nice touch if it was on purpose. Weyland-Yutani is infamous for being a reckless corporation with high disregard for human life. Here we sit with high disregard for kerbal life. Symmetry!

Notice the words above it say 'Caution'. I think the traditional yellow and black stripes looked tacky on the new capsule since it\'s supposed to be really futuristic so C7 made his own caution indicator.

Eh, I preferred the old black and yellow stripes, if I\'m honest. The sheer irony of kerbals having safety markings like that all over the place was just hilarious. This thing... you can\'t even tell that it\'s a safety stripe unless you take the time to pause the video and read the text.

Interestingly, in the game it says 'Avionics Access 1' instead and the stripe is slightly different (in that it has small bits in the corners that the one in the video doesn\'t have).

As a side note, the small 1-kerbal pod says 'Warning, hatch may open' under the hatch. That really fills you with confidence, doesn\'t it? ;P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.