Azimech's Racing Track

11 hours ago, Azimech said:

I've made some changes to the King Class, 8 Rovemax M1 wheels are also permitted now.

I figured ... oops. My own stock car can't compete.

Anyway, made a video with my new Charger R/T 3.0, King class. I only adjusted the friction settings (stock it likes to drift).

I personally think the Charger's Okay at best for me. The Challenger on the other hand... OH the design, the pure muscle, and the fact that I can get it as a 16 year old because it has 4 doors. SO WONDERFUL!!!!!

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I personally think the Charger's Okay at best for me. The Challenger on the other hand... OH the design, the pure muscle, and the fact that I can get it as a 16 year old because it has 4 doors. SO WONDERFUL!!!!!

Yeah I'm from the generation when the Dukes were shown on TV, and not as reruns. Not everyone remembers the Challenger, I did a test on Facebook, showed them my Challenger and it took 10 people 20 minutes of guessing before the got the right answer. Charger was mentioned most but also totally different stuff like DeLorean.

Pure Muscle? Don't know about the Challenger but the Charger is among the most powerful muscle cars ever built.

You know what, I'll do a drag race soon between both of them. I've already built a machine for it.

4 minutes ago, Azimech said:

You know what, I'll do a drag race soon between both of them. I've already built a machine for it.

You build cars? THAT'S AWESOME!!!

5 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Yeah I'm from the generation when the Dukes were shown on TV, and not as reruns. Not everyone remembers the Challenger, I did a test on Facebook, showed them my Challenger and it took 10 people 20 minutes of guessing before the got the right answer. Charger was mentioned most but also totally different stuff like DeLorean.

Yeah, I guess that it's really what era you came from. The main reason I love the Charger is because 1) The 4 door so my parents would allow it. 2) A little bit more modern. Sorry, but because I'm a 2000's kid, I'm more of a modern geek.

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

You build cars? THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Yeah, I guess that it's really what era you came from. The main reason I love the Charger is because 1) The 4 door so my parents would allow it. 2) A little bit more modern. Sorry, but because I'm a 2000's kid, I'm more of a modern geek.

Well  ehm ... virtual cars. You've seen my KSP catalog, right?

Except my own car, that's a real one I've built. Sadly, not a muscle car.

2 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Well  ehm ... virtual cars. You've seen my KSP catalog, right?

Ah... When you said 'build a machine' I just assumed...

2 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Except my own car, that's a real one I've built. Sadly, not a muscle car.

Ah, so you HAVE built a car IRL

8 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

That's ANCIENT for a car! Props to you for 1) Building it, but 2) Keeping it for this long...

Depends on your standards and age I guess ... my car is 32 years old, the oldest one I had was from 1968.

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!? 32?!?!? BOY!!! Todays cars wouldn't last 10 if you wanted it to.....

Yeah, probably the reason I drive an all mechanical Diesel. I can fix everything myself and don't have to worry about electronics.

3 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

AAANNNDDDD I F-ED UP. I meant to say that the charger's my favorite. 

On 13-12-2016 at 8:46 PM, HarrySeaward said:

Class 1 - 2:04

Nice!
You'll get an even better result if you spool up the jet engines to max before releasing the clamps.

3 minutes ago, klond said:

So many failed attempts (class 4).  'Think I have the track memorized though.  

gZ3sqgQ.jpg

Whoops ... hehe.

One air intake is enough for one Juno though, you might have even less drag with just the nosecones on those side tanks.

@Azimech I made it.  Rear wheel steering y'all.  'Not proud of the squirrely car or the terrible driving, but I did complete the course.  Cone 11 I went inside instead of outside, spose you could add 2 seconds for that.  Everything else good?

Two comments.  Flags/cones are hard to see.  Need to be brighter maybe, not sure what's possible.  And class 4s 'no aerodynamics' is a little non-specific.  I took it to mean "no additional downforce" 'cause technically a nosecone is an aerodynamic item.  Fun stuff man.

Edited by klond

17 minutes ago, klond said:

@Azimech I made it.  Rear wheel steering y'all.  'Not proud of the squirrely car or the terrible driving, but I did complete the course.  Cone 11 I went inside instead of outside, spose you could add 2 seconds for that.  Everything else good?

Two comments.  Flags/cones are hard to see.  Need to be brighter maybe, not sure what's possible.  And class 4s 'no aerodynamics' is a little non-specific.  I took it to mean "no additional downforce" 'cause technically a nosecone is an aerodynamic item.  Fun stuff man.

That's a nice run you did there! CoM placed well towards front ... I like that, not bad at all!

That being said ... I'm curious what you can do without the reaction wheels. Without those it forces you to tweak suspension settings even more, getting the best out of you. I'm not happy with reaction wheels but I can't disqualify it because I didn't mention it in the rules. That's going to change in January.

About the flags ... I could replace them with normal, bigger objects.

Hey, have you seen my video earlier this week? That's the route I choose. Maybe it's faster, maybe it's slower. I'm cool with adding 2 seconds and I'll put your score on the list.

Edited by Azimech

On 12/17/2016 at 3:24 PM, Azimech said:

I'm curious what you can do without the reaction wheels.

Hey, have you seen my video earlier this week?

No problem, I'll run another video without the SAS stuff.  'Probably going to take 5 or 10 runs to get the car sorted and get through the course explosion-less.  Your run was pretty smooth; little wiggle right before the launchpad had my heart jump.  Also, I like how the tunnels naturally enforce maximum vehicle size.

We need to get more exposure so we get some more racers - maybe need some crossposting.

==Only a few things you gotta do everybody==

-replace your persistant.* file with Azimech's to get the flags to show up.

-watch a video to clarify the route

-make car, determine class from original post

-record, dump on youtube (I turned off video comments because other youtubers aren't gonna care), post here.

-----

Edit instead of double-post.  Here's a decent run without SAS.  Class 4 again.  Took the side of the runway and stayed more on the road like in your video.

Edited by klond

It's just that cars are hard. I've been trying and trying and still no luck in completing the track. :blush: To a poor pilot even the flags are an obstacle. I want my SAS and my aerodynamics and my adamantine aircraft gear. At this point even RCS would be good. :D (For the record: no I don't want that, I'm loving the challenge. :P )

On 10/30/2016 at 2:32 PM, Azimech said:

However, we all like crash video's.

Oh, I have plenty of that. :D

Edited by Eidahlil

11 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

It's just that cars are hard. I've been trying and trying and still no luck in completing the track. :blush: To a poor pilot even the flags are an obstacle. I want my SAS and my aerodynamics and my adamantine aircraft gear. At this point even RCS would be good. :D (For the record: no I don't want that, I'm loving the challenge. :P )

Oh, I have plenty of that. :D

Aaaannnddd this years Times magazine Luckiest person award of 2016 goes to...... JEBEDIAH KERMAN!!!!! For exceptional luck in the Azimech Racing Challenge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.