Ascending/Descending nodes missing

Just coming back after a few months off, and I swear I used to remember seeing Ascending/Descending nodes while in orbit.    I remember mostly because it made satellite contracts pretty easy

to pull off if they weren't equatorial orbits.  Just burn at one of them and presto.   Tracking station is fully upgraded, as is the rest of the Space Complex.  

Screen shot of my tech tree, in case I just don't have the right technology researched?

I could be wrong about the AN/DN's being visible, but I swear they were there!    

Thanks in advance for any help!

.screenshot4.png

Pretty sure an/dn markers have ever existed only when a target has been selected.

57 minutes ago, Vorg said:

There should be a AN/DN for ANY orbit regardless of selecting any target because AN/DN is the midway point between AP/PE of ant given orbit.

I'm afraid that's not what an and dn mean. 

59 minutes ago, Vorg said:

There should be a AN/DN for ANY orbit regardless of selecting any target because AN/DN is the midway point between AP/PE of ant given orbit.

This is absolutely NOT the case.

AN/DN can be anywhere on an orbit including exactly where Ap/Pe are.

Happy landings!

To give an example, if you are in an equatorial orbit around Kerbin and you select Minmus as your target then the ascending and descending nodes will be at the points where Minmus orbit crosses Kerbins equator. For half of its orbit, Minmus is below the plane of Kerbins equator and above it for the other half of its orbit.

Yep, I get AN/DN when I select Mun, Minimus, etc as a target.    I just seem to remember that if I was in orbit of Minimus, it would show both AP/PE as well as the AN/DN.    Regardless, with the maneuver mode it's not to bad getting the orbits to match.   It just requires more "guess work" and tweaking.

I just thought I was missing something to make life easier.

Stock KSP only shows the nodes on your orbit if you're orbiting the same body as your target. It'll also show nodes on satellite contract orbits, again if you're orbiting the same body. Those are nodes related to the intersection of two orbits.

It would also be possible to display the nodes related to the intersection of your orbit with the universal reference plane (i.e. where your orbit crosses the equator; with no axial tilt, these are the same thing) but you'd need a mod to do this.

On 11/3/2016 at 5:31 AM, ElWanderer said:

It'll also show nodes on satellite contract orbits, again if you're orbiting the same body. Those are nodes related to the intersection of two orbits.

That's what I remember it doing months ago.    Had a sat. contract to put one in polar orbit of Kerbin.   Got to Kerbin orbit, and no AN/DN to transition to Polar Orbit.   Like I said, no biggie, was just wondering if I was missing something.

On 11/3/2016 at 5:51 AM, Sharpy said:

Doesn't the Tracking Station need to be at a decent level (2 I think) to show them?

My OP stated Tracking Station fully upgraded.    

1 hour ago, EmanonP said:

That's what I remember it doing months ago.    Had a sat. contract to put one in polar orbit of Kerbin.   Got to Kerbin orbit, and no AN/DN to transition to Polar Orbit.   Like I said, no biggie, was just wondering if I was missing something.

One difference with contract orbits is that the An/Dn markers appear on the contract orbit, not your own. Might that explain it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.