Action group and science farming

Hi everyone,

For my first post on this forum, I would like to, first of all, thank all the community for what you make. I play KSP since march 2016 and I think I would still be around Kerbin without this forum and all those threads :)

Here comes my question: I restarted a career mode since 1.2 released, in order to do stuff in a more properly and efficient way than my first career play (and sometimes in a more Kerbal way...). Things going on and on, I ultimately unlock custom action group. So I put all my science experiment to group 4, the "Collect All" option of the science box to group 5 and the reset of all experiences to group 6 (even if I don't even know if this is necessarry). It seems that the action group 4 works once, and then is not re-runnable. I checked several times, and as soon as I collect all the science, the right-click on any science module offers me the possibility to log again, but the action group won't work anymore.

Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks!

ps: I put this on the "modded install" part of the forum because I have KER, KAS and KIS installed, but this thread may interest unmodded install players. What do you think?

Edited by le_daim

I ran into this earlier this month and was able to work around it:

The workaround was to do what you did, which was to make a separate action group to reset the instruments, but also to actually use it even after collecting all of the data into the data storage unit. It appears that the instruments need a separate reset from one action group to be triggered by another action group.

--

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.