Current [OSX] Sierra Situation

I understand that OSX Sierra is a bit of a obstacle regarding KSP, I haven't updated to sierra ever since I herd the news that it caused/causes issues with KSP. 

I herd squad was attempting to create a work around for this issue as well. Any info on this situation is greatly needed and aprecieated. :) 

Just wondering where we are at. 

The issue is caused by Apples GateKeeper which is stricter in Sierra than in earlier versions of OSX, in the future it is likely that all software that wants to run on Apple operating systems will need to be signed, not just KSP.

Assuming Squad doesn't run into issues with Apple with getting KSP signed that would probably be the best and only long term fix, there's no real way to work around this on a developers side, on the users side there are two known workarounds, running the binary directly or copy to a user folder and back, but these do not work in all cases.

Code signing for OSX is definitely something that Squad and all other developers who target Apple systems will have to investigate, we'll have to keep an eye on the devnotes to see if or when this happens.

Edit:

One issue I expect to see would be the need to be signed again for every update no matter how small.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.