Remote Tech or CommNet

StupidAndy

Comnet or Remote Tech  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Comnet or Remote Tech

• Stock Comnet
    • Remote Tech
    • neither, i barely play with a communications network anyways so i have no use posting in this thread, but i still can express my opinions because if I'm playing I'm 95% likely to be in a free country

I prefer RemoteTech, because with CommNet, you need an elaborate spreadsheat for everything more complicated than a single dish directly communicating with kerbin.

And with mods (eg SETIremoteTechConfig, SETIprobeControlEnabler), remote tech has multiple ground stations, and only needs a connection to transmit science. Signal delay can be turned off as well.

And for the next version of remote tech, I plan to release another mini-mod, which removes the necessity to manually point remote tech dishes...

However I do miss some of the CommNet features, hopefully they get integrated into remote tech in the future.

don't forget about Kerbalism's comms. I'm giving that serious consideration myself since all I favor RemoteTech for is signal delay and to be honest that's just me being lazy. I can easily calculate and implement it myself (tabletop RPG style I mean, not in game). I like the idea of solar storms affecting comms and ShotgunNinja is also thinking of reworking his comms to be more realistic in the types of comm modes used to send data

Edited by Drew Kerman

i really didn't know about kerbalism having comms, i thought that there was only RT and the stock one (and signal delay, but i think that it might only be something for signal delay (hence the title), I'm not really sure if it has a commnet) but the solar flare effecting the comms sounds like a good idea, too bad 3/5ths of the mods i download either don't work or break the game :( 

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.