Mac Users Have Loading Problems? Why Don't I?

I have been seeing a lot of macOS Sierra players having issues with infinite loading screens and CTDs. Apparently it's a known issue that Mac users should expect with Sierra. I'm wondering if anyone knows why I do not have this issue at all.

My setup: 2013 MacBook Pro 13in macOS Sierra & KSP 1.2.1 on Steam

1 hour ago, Gianni1122 said:

I have been seeing a lot of macOS Sierra players having issues with infinite loading screens and CTDs

I'm avoiding Sierra just because of this.

1 hour ago, Gianni1122 said:

Apparently it's a known issue that Mac users should expect with Sierra

It has to do with the new version of Unity and Sierra, but it was announced that the solution had been identified. I just can't find again that link...

I wish I could tell you why my Mac DOESN'T have this problem (kinda like what I talked about in the OP) then maybe we could solve all the worlds KSP+Mac issues. Just like how Will Smith used his blood to find a cure in I Am Legend :-)

.......Relax. Just being facetious, guys.

Edited by Gianni1122

I personally do a lot of the QA testing on Mac and I have had none of the issues others have had. What I have noticed is that I had set my security settings to run anything before I upgraded to Sierra. Under Sierra that option is gone but I think Gatekeeper is still running in that mode for me. Hence the no issues.

8 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

What I have noticed is that I had set my security settings to run anything before I upgraded to Sierra.

For what it's worth, my security settings were considerably stricter than this before upgrading, and I've not had problems with Sierra on either of my Macs.

30 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I personally do a lot of the QA testing on Mac and I have had none of the issues others have had. What I have noticed is that I had set my security settings to run anything before I upgraded to Sierra. Under Sierra that option is gone but I think Gatekeeper is still running in that mode for me. Hence the no issues.

Now that I recall, I had set the same settings as you prior to Sierra so that could help explain why some Mac users aren't affected.

Side note: It's really annoying having to allow permissions for every mod file I want to read or edit. Thanks Sierra... :-/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.