Is it possible to choose which antenna is used to transmit?

Ok, this has been bugging me for as long as I can remember. Right now I have a station in orbit around Gilly and it has one large relay antenna that I also intended to use to transmit my lab science back home. However, whenever I try to transmit anything the station insists on using the tiny directional antenna attached to the lander I have docked to the station and it takes ages for it to squeeze all the data through. I can't for the life of me figure out a way to get it to use the relay dish short of undocking the lander every time I need to transmit something. This has been an issue for multiple crafts in the past, at one point I got so sick of it I used whack-a-Kerbal to snipe the smaller antenna off the top of a rover to force it to use the bigger one.

Is there any way to tell a ship what antenna I want it to use, or will I just have to live with it picking on its own?

You can pick which experiments you want to send, or which antenna you want to send them with, but not both. If you want to send one experiment, use the "transmit" button on that experiment and KSP will pick an antenna, I think in the order you placed them on the ship in the VAB. If you want to send all experiments, right click the antenna you want to use and select "send data" or whatever the button is named.

There is no way I know of - modded or otherwise - to transmit a single experiment on the antenna of your choice. "Make this antenna the transmitter" would be a great option though.

Edited by 5thHorseman

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

You can pick which experiments you want to send, or which antenna you want to send them with, but not both. If you want to send one experiment, use the "transmit" button on that experiment and KSP will pick an antenna, I think in the order you placed them on the ship in the VAB. If you want to send all experiments, right click the antenna you want to use and select "send data" or whatever the button is named.

There is no way I know of - modded or otherwise - to transmit a single experiment on the antenna of your choice. "Make this antenna the transmitter" would be a great option though.

Well, that stinks then. Using the transmit button on the antenna isn't an option because it would just transmit all the experiments I have stored for processing.

Thanks for the answer though. Has a "preferred antenna" option been suggested yet? That'd be really helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.