Need someone to make space art for my site.

daniel l.

A section which says "2150s Warships" which all of the current ships are under, then another one, which would be blank, "2300s Warships" and ecta. 

So sorry, when trying to add to the 2300s Venus colony, I accidentally deleted the planetary symbol. Very sorry. :(

13 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

A section which says "2150s Warships" which all of the current ships are under, then another one, which would be blank, "2300s Warships" and ecta. 

So sorry, when trying to add to the 2300s Venus colony, I accidentally deleted the planetary symbol. Very sorry. :(

It's ok. But please don't edit those without my permission :) I would prefer to do those myself. Though you are free to make suggestions.

I agree, I will work on the ships. By the way though, you haven't finished up the Neptune short story and you are working on the 2300s Venus short story so..... do you mind?:)

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

1 minute ago, Alpha 360 said:

I agree, I will work on the ships. By the way though, you haven't finished up the Neptune short story and you are working on the 2300s Venus short story so..... do you mind?:)

Sorry. I'm not sure about your story writing skills (No offence?) If you want you can write the short story for one of Saturn or Uranus's moons as a test. I hope i havent offended you or anything, It's just that it has taken me years to get the experience i have already. And when it comes to the short stories i kind of set my standards high.

No, I was wondering if you could complete that so that the section would be completely complete. I am not happy with my story writing skills anyway. 

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

9 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

No, I was wondering if you could complete that so that the section would be completely complete. I am not happy with my story writing skills anyway. 

Writing it right now :wink: But i prefer to write stories on my laptop which is currently unavailable. So i've been using a clunky desktop. (I don't like the super wide keyboards.)

Excuse me, but I am just about to start school so I will be unavailable for a couple hours. See you later:) 

Edited by Alpha 360

2 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

Excuse me, but I am just about to start school so I will be unavailable for a couple hours. See you later:) 

Sure :) It's kinda funny though since it's 10:56 here in US pacific time :wink:

Edited by daniel l.

I am not in America, that is why I am just starting school. This is my lucky post, my first hundred posts. I now have three dots!!!!

Edited by Alpha 360

@Alpha 360 I have to say that i'm interested by the ships you have designed so far. However, The Alpha class carrier should not be using a jump drive in the 2150's. Also the Titanic class battleship being able to take out a Gypsum? I understand that you are writing you're own thing here, But I've already hooked the Gypsum up into my storyline so far as a super advanced Neptunian dreadnought that routs an entire fleet and is only destroyed at great cost. Also the Jupiter class cruiser running on a thumb size black hole? If the black hole was as large as your thumb then it would weigh as much as several earths, It would be impossible to contain and would simply devour the entire ship and then destabilize all the orbits. Mind if i edit some of these? I've already been making minor changes to adapt it to the continuity but i would appreciate it if i could modify each one more extensively.

Not trying to offend or anything. Just please stay conservative about ship design (I want things to stay realistic. So please dont design every ship like a star destroyer.)

Edited by daniel l.

Alright, I would love for these to get corrected. Make as many changes as you want. I'm just an editor/content filler. It seems like though that I am mostly a content filler since you are editing my stuff. Am I slowing you down?

Edited by Alpha 360

2 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

Alright, I would love for these to get corrected. Make as many changes as you want. I'm just an editor/content filler. 

Thanks :) I promise not to change much. Perhaps you could start filling out the 2300's ship section. I can imagine that you would be able to do particle weapons, deflector shields... And lots more, (Except FTL, As the secret was lost in the war because the top secret blueprints were stored on Tethys, And the only ships to be fitted with them are missing or destroyed.)

• 1 month later...

Noticed your OP and thought it would be fun to take a stab at making the terraformed Ceres with the hexagon shell in Blender.  An interesting problem to solve anyway :)  Only snag I ran into was the pentagons that are formed when trying to wrap hexagons into a sphere shape.  Anyway, this might be close to what you were after.  

http://imgur.com/goLjsom

Edited by esinohio

6 hours ago, esinohio said:

Noticed your OP and thought it would be fun to take a stab at making the terraformed Ceres with the hexagon shell in Blender.  An interesting problem to solve anyway :)  Only snag I ran into was the pentagons that are formed when trying to wrap hexagons into a sphere shape.  Anyway, this might be close to what you were after.  

http://imgur.com/goLjsom

Yes it is! Though perhaps it could use a denser pattern of hexagons closer to the surface :) Also... Is that Kerbin?

On 2/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, daniel l. said:

Yes it is! Though perhaps it could use a denser pattern of hexagons closer to the surface :) Also... Is that Kerbin?

Yeah, I snuck a slightly modified Kerbin in there  ;).   Here is a new one with smaller hexagons, shrunk somewhat along with added greeble to the structure, and finally made a completely new planet underneath.  Denser hexagons are possible if you're wanting them even smaller but it seems to really wash out the planet beneath it.

http://imgur.com/Zz4BIGo

1 hour ago, esinohio said:

Yeah, I snuck a slightly modified Kerbin in there  ;).   Here is a new one with smaller hexagons, shrunk somewhat along with added greeble to the structure, and finally made a completely new planet underneath.  Denser hexagons are possible if you're wanting them even smaller but it seems to really wash out the planet beneath it.

http://imgur.com/Zz4BIGo

Yes! I like that! I do wonder if perhaps you could thin the borders so that there could be more hexagons. But it is pretty much perfect as is already! :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.