[WIP][1.1.3/1.2] Mars Science Labratory - EARLY PRE-RELEASE NOW AVAILABLE

lextacy

Top of the morning to ya and a huge welcome back for me during my KSP seasonal break. I missed you all. I am now playing KSP again this winter, but with a shocking twist. IM GOING TO MAKE MY FIRST PARTS MOD!! And what better way to do that than to introduce :

MARS SCIENCE LABRATORY!  (MSL)

The primary objective for this mod is to release all the parts necessary to encapsulate your lander/rover payloads for transit to your EDL choice of location. I have a few parts done which are scaled to the Curiosity mission. My secondary goal is to release parts based around the historical timeline. For example I would make the areoshell re-scaled to meet the standards of the vintage Viking/Mariner landers. The MER rovers would then use a different setup. But what do you guys think? I might actually make a rover! That is if Im able to do animations :/ Well here are some pics to show some work that is being done. As in the words of Ben from TMRO, "If your not bending metal, your not serious about going to space".

WARNING: All parts are hand-crafted by me  (it will be okay, trust me :wink:

The early alpha is here for testing! I have two parts ready with a 3rd part (cruise stage) being now worked on.

screenshot5.png

screenshot6.png

screenshot4.png

RELEASE

DROPBOX (github no longer supports free accounts)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nw5uxmeq30mwkn/Mars Science Labratory EARLY ALPHA-by lextacy.rar?dl=0

LICENSE  CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

Edited by lextacy
early release alpha

14 minutes ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

this is great!, I have just one thing.. Having actually seen Curiosity/the Aeroshell, there is no JPL logo on it, that was only on the MER rovers, and landers, other then that, this is neat!

ahh your right !  I think maybe the logo was on the cruise stage? Ill remove the aeroshell logo. Hey btw how are things going for you lately? You can drop me a PM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.