Is there anyway to copy female kerbals to .90?

I was going to make a Christmas special for my YouTube channel. I was going to have the santa mod installed and take female kerbals around my .90 save to all my colonies that only have males since females hadn't been added yet. I want to copy the files for female kerbals to a copy of .90 but I don't know where to start. Is this even possible? Thanks.

Edited by JacobJHC

No, this requires a whole lot of changes deep within the code foundation of KSP. You need to introduce a second name generator to a game that was built with the assumption that only one such generator will ever exist. You need to modify the way savegames are read and writtem to include a reference to the gender of a Kerbal. You need to load and animate the model. You need to tell the astronaut complex to account for female Kerbals when populating the applicant list. And so on and so forth...

This is not something you can do. Not even with a custom mod, I'd wager.

Edited by Streetwind

22 hours ago, Streetwind said:

No, this requires a whole lot of changes deep within the code foundation of KSP. You need to introduce a second name generator to a game that was built with the assumption that only one such generator will ever exist. You need to modify the way savegames are read and writtem to include a reference to the gender of a Kerbal. You need to load and animate the model. You need to tell the astronaut complex to account for female Kerbals when populating the applicant list. And so on and so forth...

This is not something you can do. Not even with a custom mod, I'd wager.

Don't be too surprised if shrinking a kerbal by 10% results in a badly moving model.  I seem to remember that kerbals are the size they are to match appropriate walking characteristics.  Any smaller and they walk "insectlike" or some other unpleasant gait.  You might scale the guys 10% (assuming you manage to change one).

I'm not sure what happened when the three man mk1 capsule changed to a one kerbal capsule, but I think only the capsule changed and not kerbals for a reason.  You might be able to scale a single kerbal "on the fly" (I doubt it, I'm assuming the kerbals stayed the same and the rocket definitions changes), but I doubt you can have kerbals of two different sizes on the screen at the same time.

It probably isn't *that* deep (for Squad, probably beyond modders) in that Unity certainly doesn't define "one size fits all characters".  But it would certainly be believable that the only coder who really knows how to do it already left (and the others really don't want to spend weeks understanding code to do something that looks relatively trivial).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.