Ridiculous lag at 200 parts.

Hi!

I was hoping i could get some help. I updated from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and have noticed a fairly game breaking glitch within my install. I get really good 40 - 60 FPS below 200 ish parts, but as soon as i go over the FPS drops to 5 to 10. For seemingly no reason. Happens to all vehicles excedeing 200 parts and FPS doesnt drop any lower for craft that even have over 1000 parts.  

0 - 200 parts = 40 -60 fps

Greater than 200 parts = 5 - 10 fps. 

I really need some help with this please anyone. All my projects are craft over 200 parts. Before the update i would get no lower than 25 FPS on my biggest craft and now the lag is unbearable.

I reinstalled, 4 times, completely erased everything from the steam cloud and reinstalled, reinstalled and launch OUTSIDE of steam, and completely deleted all of my projects i worked hours on off my computer. Nothing has helped. Is there a way to revert back to 1.2.1? My other computer is not subject to this problem though i cant exceed 200 parts purely because of the technical specs. There is no set part count where lag drops on that PC. FPS decreases normally with part count like every other computer in the world does, except my laptop.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

As you have not supplied any technical specs or log files for your laptop it is hard to give you any advice.
Is it integrated graphics? How much memory?
Have you tried decreasing the graphics settings in-game?
As for reverting to a previous version, Steam does not support that. The best thing you can do with steam is backup each version when it is released. In that way you have each version stored for later reference if required.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 2:09 PM, JPLRepo said:

As you have not supplied any technical specs or log files for your laptop it is hard to give you any advice.
Is it integrated graphics? How much memory?
Have you tried decreasing the graphics settings in-game?
As for reverting to a previous version, Steam does not support that. The best thing you can do with steam is backup each version when it is released. In that way you have each version stored for later reference if required.

the problem strangely resolved itself after about 2 weeks which makes no sense. I literally changed nothing about the game or any background applications. But either way i play on a Dell XPS 13 with integrated graphics and 8gb ram.No idea what changed, but problem solved i guess. Please close this topic.

15 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

the problem strangely resolved itself after about 2 weeks which makes no sense. I literally changed nothing about the game or any background applications. But either way i play on a Dell XPS 13 with integrated graphics and 8gb ram.No idea what changed, but problem solved i guess. Please close this topic.

As you reinstalled 4 times with no improvement I suspect the issue was caused by an external factor, and a later software update resolved it.

Closing as per request.