[WIP] Space Opera

TiktaalikDreaming

you think you could make parts for this ship? as this is what I was trying to build....my version doesn't look good but it handles like a dream it responds quickly and it doesn't tumble much it is really stable and since it seems like exotic kinda mods is your thing I think this ship(called the L.s.s Reskava btw) would be right up your alley... plus the design of the ship is heavily inspired by the classic triangular ufos I'm not kidding look up "triangle ufo" on google and you will see that the reskava looks exactly like one of those ships a triangle with 3 lights near the points and usually a central domeLukari_Alpha.pnghere is a better pic 4e97f66e57cf6203d77e439f598d1ded14843365 I also would like the central dome to be the pod and for said pod to be mostly glass for observation(crew capacity 4 kerbals) and for those blue sphere things to be lights of some kind ikd if you would be up to it but if you are please try to replicate this ship(in many different parts) also the engine could be another piece(also would it have the cool trail it has in the pic) also the suggested thrust for the reskava's engine is about twice the thrust of the small handwavium engine(not the rcs the legit engine) I honestly think you would like making an interesting ship mod like this and it would be well worth it because the reskava is an absolutely gorgeous ship

Edited by mindseyemodels

• 3 months later...

Non denominational End of Year festive season message.

The last couple of months have been a bit of a mad house for me iRL.

I've been on Jury Duty with a long case that made me appreciate jury service more, but also would rather have skipped.  My 20 year old cat has passed away, but me and my wife and I have embarked on bringing up a puppy and kitten (and I'd like to sleep again now).  We had a long standing plan on replacing the carpets when the old cat passed, and so I then moved all our furniture off the carpet, had it replaced, and am slowly (cos I'm now broken from the initial carpet moving) moving stuff back to where it belongs.  My mother in law had a stroke and passed away.  Which was heaps of not-fun.

So, KSP things have been on hold for a bit.  Some time soon, I'm hoping for a return to normality, and a subsequent increase in time available for modding and maybe even playing KSP.  In particular, I have a few outstanding parts to complete* on the NAR MEM before I move to looking at better integration with other mods like BDB.  I need to go through some configs, esp for Space Opera and check heat issues for the converters, 'cos they all became different.  I have some test config that is currently crap, but working to get Rovers updated to optionally use KSP Wheels.  and so on.

But, for the next few days, I'm away from all this computer stuff me thinks.  Gonna search out air-conditioning or open air, breezy locations, drink some beverages, and eat some foods.  And sleep.  Perchance to dream, but I don't care, SLEEP!!!!  I recommend others do similar activities.  If you're north of the equator, maybe look for heating instead of cooling.  ;-)

Back in a few days.

* Complete being, nothing's horribly wrong with it, no parts are untextured, and it's "releasable".  Not equivalent to Finished.

• 1 month later...

excuse me but something seem wrong with the mod... when i try to install it via ckan i get an unhandled exception error message how do i fix this? is it something wrong with the mod? the error message says "trying to install SpaceOpera 1.1.1, but it's not downloaded or download is corrupted" whut do?!

Edited by mindseyemodels

22 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

excuse me but something seem wrong with the mod... when i try to install it via ckan i get an unhandled exception error message how do i fix this? is it something wrong with the mod? the error message says "trying to install SpaceOpera 1.1.1, but it's not downloaded or download is corrupted" whut do?!

If it's not grabbing 1.1.1b, then it will fail to unpack.  I'll need to check ckan stuff, the b release was specifically so ckan could unpack the zip.

1 minute ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

If it's not grabbing 1.1.1b, then it will fail to unpack.  I'll need to check ckan stuff, the b release was specifically so ckan could unpack the zip.

okay i wish you luck ;D i really hope you can find out whats wrong with it because i LOVE this mod its one of the better mods out there(yours is the one with the most powerful warp drive and strongest RCS and engines)

Just now, mindseyemodels said:

okay i wish you luck ;D i really hope you can find out whats wrong with it because i LOVE this mod its one of the better mods out there(yours is the one with the most powerful warp drive and strongest RCS and engines)

Actually, looks like CKAN has 1.1.1b registered.  I just triggered a download that worked fine... so.  Can you confirm in the list of available mods, if it says 1.1.1 or 1.1.1b?  Because in mine it says 1.1.1b.
I'd also suggest it could be an issue with spacedock, depending on when you tried.  They've (really just one overworked person) had troubles recently, but should be fixed a few hours ago (unless it's happened again).

1 minute ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Actually, looks like CKAN has 1.1.1b registered.  I just triggered a download that worked fine... so.  Can you confirm in the list of available mods, if it says 1.1.1 or 1.1.1b?  Because in mine it says 1.1.1b.
I'd also suggest it could be an issue with spacedock, depending on when you tried.  They've (really just one overworked person) had troubles recently, but should be fixed a few hours ago (unless it's happened again).

for me it just says 1.1.1 .....nvm just updated it

Edited by mindseyemodels

1 minute ago, mindseyemodels said:

for me it just says 1.1.1 .....nvm just updated it

That's weird as hell.  1.1.1 was only the ckan upload briefly (seeing ckan can't unpack it because I forgot to change my 7zip settings, which triggered a few comments), it's a bit weird it shows up.  1.1.1 and 1.1.1b are exactly the same, but with different zip methods (and so one's smaller than the other, but ununpackable by ckan).  Same KSP version, etc etc.

I'm going to put it down with my other pieces of evidence that we're not living in a fully deterministic universe.  :D

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.