While I doubt anything that will be here will be any higher than #1025 on the priorities list, I thought this would be a fun thread to create.

Basically, this thread is for the minor annoying things in the game.

So, one nuisance/bug/weird thing I've found in the game is that the COM of the sepratron is not where it would visibly be expected to be. It's as if the support struts have osmium weights at their tips. It is very annoying when trying to make something light (like a small probe) fly straight under the power of one sepratron, and makes for... weird effects if a sepratron breaks off a rocket. I mean, I get the COM not being perfectly aligned with the COT, but really? By this much?. It also seems like it would be something very easy to fix.

2016-12-28%2010-22-15.png

To be clear, the ONLY part in the above picture is a sepratron. I copied it from subassemblies to crafts to make sure the COM wasn't moved by some other part.

What quirky things in the game annoy you?

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
DYAC

32 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

The fact that the CoM of engines (especially the Rapier) is outside of the actual part annoys me to no end. :confused: 

This is because there is more to jet engines than the shown engine. You can turn on the rest of it somewhere in settings (I don't know where because I've never turned it on, just know it exists), but then you'll be annoyed that it clips into the fuel tank you connect it to. :D

38 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

....here is more to jet engines than the shown engine. You can turn on the rest of it somewhere...

I believe that is actually from a stock parts revamp mod. I'd have to look it up.

But yah, iirc the forward COM is to simulate the compressor stages and stuff forward of the nozzel. To be honest, I'd be fine with them just making the entire engine be there, and the thing being more tube shaped and bulky, but ah well.

Not to mention that having the COM outside the part can lead to exploits (untipable rovers) and bizarre behaviors (light craft or separated engines rotating about a point in space outside of them).

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I believe that is actually from a stock parts revamp mod. I'd have to look it up.

Actually its stock feature.

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

To be honest, I'd be fine with them just making the entire engine be there, and the thing being more tube shaped and bulky, but ah well.

Either you can go in every engines *.cfg and remove "//" for the model to appear or use this MM patch.

Spoiler

@PART[JetEngine]

MODEL
 {
  model = Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/turbineInside
  position = 0.0, 0.972875, 0.0
  scale = 0.8, 0.6, 0.8
  //rotation = 0, 0, 0
 }
}
@PART[turboJet]
{
 MODEL
 {
  scale = 0.95, 1.0, 0.95
 }
}
@PART[turboFanEngine]
{
 MODEL
 {
  position = 0.0, 1.4, 0.0
  scale = 0.95, 1.0, 0.95
 }
}
@PART[miniJetEngine]
{
 MODEL
 {
  //position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
  scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
  //rotation = 0, 0, 0
 }
}
@PART[RAPIER]
{
 MODEL
 {
  position = 0.0, 0.741545, 0.0
  scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
 }
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.