fuel sharing

Hm, that's odd.  As far as I can tell from your screenshot, that fuel duct should allow fuel to flow just fine.  Can you explain exactly what you mean by "doesn't work"?

Are you saying that when you launch the ship, the nuke engine completely runs out of fuel and won't run and is deprived of fuel, while there's still fuel remaining in that central tank A?

Or are you saying something else?  What exactly happens that you don't like, here?

(What I'd expect to happen by default, given the screenshot, is that the NERVs would use up all the B fuel first, then all the A fuel when B goes empty.  Is that not what happens?)

yes, the only fuel used is the B.
//link removed

edit: I dont know, I didnt try to consume it all, i'll try it, I though this way the 1st used was the central or both togheter.
edit2: ok, it works as u said: it use the radial tanks then the central, sorry.

Edited by antipro

1 hour ago, antipro said:

edit: I dont know, I didnt try to consume it all, i'll try it, I though this way the 1st used was the central or both togheter.
edit2: ok, it works as u said: it use the radial tanks then the central, sorry.

So,  it used to be, pre-1.2, that it worked exactly the way you were expecting:  first drain the center tank, then the outriggers, because of the way the fuel flow rules were set up.

Now, in 1.2, by default, it's the other way around.  Why?  Because now tanks have this new-with-1.2 thing called "flow priority", and the highest-priority tanks are drained first, and by default, the earlier stages are given a higher priority than later stages.  Since your radial tanks are attached by decouplers, they're being interpreted as "earlier stage", which means they get a higher priority and are drained first.

However, it doesn't have to be that way-- if you really want it to be the other way around (i.e. drain the center first), you can make it do that.  Turn on "Advanced Tweakables" in the game options.  Then, whenever you have the right-click menu open for a fuel tank (either in the editor, or in flight), it'll actually show you the fuel flow priority (it's a number)... and you can edit it by clicking little + and - buttons.  So you could make the center drain first by raising its priority higher than the outer tank's, if that's the behavior you want.

ah! thanks. very useful.
wow! the "Fuel Delivery Overlay", that also shows the priority number in every tanks, is amazing.
some others tweaks came out, ouch!
I always postponed about to learn all the options and tweaks.. I have to start... There are so many things that I ignore. :(

anyway, I realized that the FTX-2 wasn't necessary cause of the crossfeed provided by the TT-70 Decoupler.

thx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.