Why is this probe dead?

ahFh3Fd.jpg

It ran out of power some time ago because of solar panels not facing the sun. I know that after some time things even without power can appear turned somewhere else than before. Now solar panel gets enough energy, but nothing gets transferred to the probe/batteries. Visible mods: SCANSat and I believe one of the mods with surface experiments, that's where solar panels come from.

45 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Maybe you have way too much instruments consuming power? (if that is even possible)

the only thing that could consume soo much power is the sensor, but I have two other probes that look exactly the same and they work.

Once a machine runs out of juice, it's no longer usable. Not convenient.

Install AmpYear mod. First, it gives you Backup Power. if your drone dies, you can route a small amount of backup power to your main to revive the machine. Second, it shows you your energy use and even a list of parts that use and generate energy. It may not work with all mods that add EC generating devices to the game but most of the time it works great.

Oh, and in that screenshot, you have only 215 EC capacity. You need a bigger battery. That antenna will eat through it in about 5 seconds when transmitting data and once the battery is dry, your probe is useless. Again, AmpYear will help with such situations but you need more power storage and generation. Balance solar and batteries. Devices drain power from batteries. No matter how big solar panels you have, if your battery is small you will run into this problem.

Edited by Kerbital

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.