Go Big Or Go Home (in pieces)

Ihu919

I done made me another rocket ship. I decided to make the most ineffective and illogical ship design I could come up with since the new struts came out.

Here be the Monster.

gobigorgohome.jpg

So far I've gotten a top speed of 8673 m/s. I'll post this monster up if someone wishes to partake in the beast.

She done good with the extra ten fuel tanks (good lord is it that many?)

takemehigher.jpg

I could mess around with it a bit, but the main engines are almost overheating on launch.. i was worried so i did not push them near 100%... i tried this time and they worked fairly well that way (moar thrust). Rocket was super close to blowing up, but hey..... Go Big Or Go Home. I can hit around 2900 m/s when I get the nuclear drive pushing.

wegofastnow.jpg

As of note, I have the sound off for a good reason ;)

Here is the plucky little flying skyscraper if anyone wishes to experience the thrill of launching your own city block into space!

Normal and Wobbly parts. ENJOY!

If you decide to try this.... know that I believe stage 4/3 is a bit complicated. 4 fires retro-thrusters and 3 detaches the fuel tanks. Be quick so you can fire up the stage 2 rockets without blowing the while ship up :)

hows this for going big or going home :D

Zd3m9.png

still a work in progress.. its not tested yet and probably never will be until harvester fixes the throttle big when using to many engines..

FINISHED!!!!

after looking at it and deciding the final stage looked like shizat, here is the final product..

gonfF.png

again like i said above there is no way for me to test this ship.. worst off i get a whopping ZERO!!!! frames per second sitting at the launch pad, it took me 5 minutes just to zoom out for the screenshot.

again like i said above there is no way for me to test this ship.. worst off i get a whopping ZERO!!!! frames per second sitting at the launch pad, it took me 5 minutes just to zoom out for the screenshot.

Can you post the file? I would love to have a go at attempting to launch that thing.

Can you post the file? I would love to have a go at attempting to launch that thing.

sure, here ya go..

i'll see if i can list all the mods used in it, lol

tuned SAS

sunday punch

SIDR&SD

Liquid Warp Nacelles Ver 1.1 and Junk Parts Pack

RocktCo Hidra Parachute

neccelles booster stuff http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=319.0;attach=489

i think thats everything.. btw if you do use it remove the red SAS modules at the very top(the rounded ones not the actual SAS modules under them. forgot to take them off but they are insanely to heavy..

:o

Ihuh - If you really want Moar Speed, swap out the 3m engine clusters for 5x or 7x stock engines (just watch the heat!), or a single 2m Large Bertha. The 3m engines are really inefficient. Ditto on the second stage; unless you need the thrust because of weight issues, I would swap out the M-50s for stock LFEs. The M-50s are almost as inefficient as the 3m cluster.

sirmonkey - I think the scariest thing about that rocket is that, just sitting on the pad, the upper stages are visibly leaning to the right. :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.