[Stock 0.16] Guard13007 Industries

Just thought I'd correct you so you don't look like a total dork, The airplane you are referencing is the A-10 Lightning.

Just thought I'd correct you so you don't look like a total dork, the airplane you are referencing is the A-10 Warthog.

No but seriously, Hammaneggs said this is a regional speech difference? Where are you from that they call it Lightning? You got me curious about it now. xD

EDIT: So I looked it up, since you either never noticed my reply or were upset at my joking retort (that's what it was). From Wikipedia:

The A-10's official name comes from the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt of World War II, a fighter that was particularly effective at close air support. The A-10 is more commonly known by its nickname "Warthog" or simply "Hog".

Although I don't like that you didn't respond, thanks for making me look up more information on the A-10 and learning about this. ^^

@segaproject Thanks! ^^

Edited by Guard13007

Damaged Battlehog

(Damaged Gerwig Battlehog mk2)

OLU5Y.png

I was bored while waiting for class to start this morning, so I started "damaging" the Gerwig Battlehog to see if it could take a lot of damage like the A-10 can and still fly. The results are surprising. It still flies very easily with only one engine, the only difference in instructions being to have the throttle at the 3rd notch until about 100 meters off the ground.

And when you do what I have done to the above image? It flies like a wet rag, but is still can be landed and flown around. The only problem is takeoff. There is a second engine attached by decoupler so you can take off, and then eject the engine midair to simulate the engine being destroyed.

Download it from here: http://www./?kkxagjrt9g9vi10

Edited by Guard13007

Love Kerlab, but can't quite get it into orbit. :S

Don't seem to have enough fuel.. then again, I think my MechJeb is borked as well.

Then AGAIN, I followed the instructions to do it manually and still couldn't make it. :S I dunno. Maybe I'm just a bad flier.

Just thought I'd correct you so you don't look like a total dork, the airplane you are referencing is the A-10 Warthog.

Just thought I'd correct BOTH of you so you two don't look like a total dork, the airplane you two are referencing is the A-10 Thunderbolt II.

But yeah, Warthog is what it's mostly called.

My cousin in the military just calls them Thunder ("here comes the THunder") because of the

when firing. It echoes in the sky like thunder. Edited by Rabblerouser
Second post

Love Kerlab, but can't quite get it into orbit. :S

Don't seem to have enough fuel.. then again, I think my MechJeb is borked as well.

Then AGAIN, I followed the instructions to do it manually and still couldn't make it. :S I dunno. Maybe I'm just a bad flier.

Just thought I'd correct BOTH of you so you two don't look like a total dork, the airplane you two are referencing is the A-10 Thunderbolt II.

But yeah, Warthog is what it's mostly called.

My cousin in the military just calls them Thunder ("here comes the THunder") because of the

when firing. It echoes in the sky like thunder.

If it didn't work, you must have screwed up the ascent, because it easily can get into an orbit up to 200 km circularized. I know it can get to 400 km circularized (I have one at an orbit of 450 km - 600 km right now).

As for both those posts about the correct name, the funny thing is that I looked up that exact wikipedia article and in my head thought, "Oh, okay, it is called the Lightning" because my mind made the association Thunderbolt = Lightning, which is true, both words are about the same thing. xD Thanks for correcting us. (And continuing the dork joke. xD)

Yeah, I dun goofed the Kerlab ascents before. Got it in orbit now with some help from MechJeb (Not autopilot, but the Smart A.S.S).

Cool. ^^ Convenient how it has a spot at the top just the right size for the smaller MechJeb piece, isn't it? xD

im new to rocket science, so what exacltly is retrograde?

There is an indicator on the navball that has an X in the circle, if you point that way, you are pointing the exact opposite of your direction of flight, this is retrograde. I suggest you look up orbital maneuvers on the KSP wiki or on YouTube videos about KSP. Many other people have done good work explaining this stuff.

I am not so good at explaining.

Just didn't notice your reply. Glad you took the time to do the reseach and didn't just assume that because someone else backed what had been said that I was wrong (which it was it's the thunderbolt not lighning... oops)! (people like that piss me off) Did you by chance see the fact that when the A-10 Fires it's 30 mm cannon it loses quite a bit of speed due to the power of the gun.

Fun video of A-10s firing their cannon: http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/perabrown/4286/

A whole gallery of A-10 Videos: http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/a-10/a-10_videos.htm

enjoy!

-NathanJ

Just didn't notice your reply. Glad you took the time to do the reseach and didn't just assume that because someone else backed what had been said that I was wrong (which it was it's the thunderbolt not lighning... oops)! (people like that piss me off) Did you by chance see the fact that when the A-10 Fires it's 30 mm cannon it loses quite a bit of speed due to the power of the gun.

Fun video of A-10s firing their cannon: http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/perabrown/4286/

A whole gallery of A-10 Videos: http://www.milavia.net/aircraft/a-10/a-10_videos.htm

enjoy!

-NathanJ

xD I think I screwed up too somewhere it there after looking it up. Oh well, we all learned something and it's pretty cool so no harm done.

Hmm, I didn't see that fact, but it makes sense, what I did see was how it supposedly sounds like thunder when it goes off, and then I saw a video that shows it really does sound a bit like thunder (I can see the comparison, but honestly I would never have called that sound thunder xD).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.