[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

When you are under Kerbin's SOI you can't just point the dish at the planet. To point it at just the planet you would have to be out in Sol's SOI or another planets. You would have to point the dish from Geo out to the probe and the probe at Geo...

So how would I keep connected if the satellite I point at goes behind Kerbin?

So how would I keep connected if the satellite I point at goes behind Kerbin?

Switch to a different sat that isn't behind Kerbin. Besides, do you really need constant contact while you're on a transfer trajectory? Seems like it can just drift in space until you get near Minmus.

Is it possible that I can edit a CFG file so that I need to have connection with a manned ship in order to pilot it?
Put a orange SPU on the command pod and RT will automatically connect to the fastest Command...

What I mean is that I don't want the ability to cheat with how I don't need communication with a manned ship in order to pilot it.

I downloaded RemoteTech2 for playtesting, but I can't controll my ships at all (light stays purple). I added an antenna and I can't find any remotecontrol or remotecommand. It says "not connected".

This is for RemoteTech 1

I keep losing connection to a probe that has a transfer orbit to Minmus. The minmus probe has 1 dish that goes 900 GM which is pointed at Kerbin. All my 3 geosynchronoused satellites are pointed at that minmus probe which have 50 Mm dishes. I keep losing connection with the minmus probe after 13 Mm. Any help?

I used to run into this issue, now whenever I have a vehicle that has to change ISO's, I use two dishes.

One pointed at Mission Control and another pointed at Kerbin. So far the problem has not returned.

You may lose contact for a few seconds when you transition from one ISO to another, but it has always been very brief for me.

It may be worth a try.

Note: this assumes that there is a ring of satellites around Kerbin which you do have.

Edited by Tommygun

I just finished parking 2 sats at Minmus, 1 ahead and 1 behind. I've connected each to the other with 50Mm dishes and also 2 sats each round Kerbin. I also set 1 50Gm link per sat to geo's round Kerbin however, they are only showing 1 green contact in the sat list. Is that normal or is something wrong? I double checked and they are all pointing to each other correctly.

What I mean is that I don't want the ability to cheat with how I don't need communication with a manned ship in order to pilot it.

It sounds like you think that the pilots can't "pilot" without a signal from a command source. Can you elaborate on how piloting a ship through the use of its crew is cheating? If that's not what you mean then can you please explain further.

It sounds like you think that the pilots can't "pilot" without a signal from a command source. Can you elaborate on how piloting a ship through the use of its crew is cheating? If that's not what you mean then can you please explain further.

I haven't tested this, so I'm not positive it will work, but you could try launching a ship that uses a crew-containing module that is not a "pod" and see if is controllable without a link. If it's not, then you could edit the pod configs to remove all of the command parts, leaving just the crew capacity. (Alternatively, you could create your own folder and make copies of the command parts - just remember to change the names). Then you can use your alternative, non-command pods to get the effect you desire.

That said, I agree that this doesn't seem like "cheating" to me. I always assumed that manned ships didn't have any delay because the control input was coming directly from the crew, and not from the space center. :)

Sorry for the v1 question, but is there a hotkey to open the Comms Status window? Mine has disappeared and so I can't change the target of the dish. Doing it via the right click menu on the dish doesn't work. I can still control the ship so I assume it's working correctly otherwise.

What will be the new features in RT 2? By the way, great job creating this mod. It's on my essential list for KSP and until it is updated i am not playing.

Just play with RT1 for a bit. RT2 probably won't be compatible, but that just gives you an incentive to replace your networks.

Anyway, the new features are of course subject to change but they seem to be:

- Reworked code (the beam is actually stable when moving the camera f.ex)

- Lots of UI changes. I see some fancy symbols in map view that I assume show different networks.

- Integrated DCPU. This allows you to write small programs so you can set up things like landing protocols. This way you can actually land probes on other planets with the delay.

- Better flight computer. Allows a rover to drive to a location and stuff.

- New parts, specifically the dishes from AIES.

can someone point me to a detailed guide for using this mod? i can't (and i have tried everything i tought could work) remotely command anything that has been undocked from a manned ship : i have power, i have both satellite dishes and an omni-directional antenna onboard both, i have command modules and the dishes are pointing at each other. everything work fine until docking, when the unmanned ship undock i get the non connected signal.

I downloaded RemoteTech2 for playtesting, but I can't controll my ships at all (light stays purple). I added an antenna and I can't find any remotecontrol or remotecommand. It says "not connected".

Alright, found the RemoteControl or RemoteCommand are now integrated into Vessels. Still can't controll unmanned ships. Any help, please?

can someone point me to a detailed guide for using this mod? i can't (and i have tried everything i tought could work) remotely command anything that has been undocked from a manned ship : i have power, i have both satellite dishes and an omni-directional antenna onboard both, i have command modules and the dishes are pointing at each other. everything work fine until docking, when the unmanned ship undock i get the non connected signal.

You're not using RemoteTech 2, are you? RemoteTech 2 should not be used for normal gameplay and is only for playtesting.

I'm experimenting with RT 2, and I'm very familiar with RT 1, but I can't seem to set up a network. I'm using the 8.00Gm omnidirectional antennae and I can get the first stationary satellite up fine, but the others don't want to talk to it. Any ideas?

I'm experimenting with RT 2, and I'm very familiar with RT 1, but I can't seem to set up a network. I'm using the 8.00Gm omnidirectional antennae and I can get the first stationary satellite up fine, but the others don't want to talk to it. Any ideas?

known issue. This is why RT2 isn't for gameplay, it is very much in alpha.

I've asked a simple question about the production twice and it's being drowned out by a constant stream of "oh god, nothing is working". this is why it's not a good idea to put a link to an early development version on a "Release and Showcase" forum. That's what the development forum is for.

You're not using RemoteTech 2, are you? RemoteTech 2 should not be used for normal gameplay and is only for playtesting.

oh, i'll use v1 then, will it work with 0.21? and will i need the stock parts compatibility plugin?

I've asked a simple question about the production twice and it's being drowned out by a constant stream of "oh god, nothing is working". this is why it's not a good idea to put a link to an early development version on a "Release and Showcase" forum. That's what the development forum is for.

And I feel like an idiot for doing so. Anyhow, anything on the GitHub will have a higher chance of a response.

And I feel like an idiot for doing so. Anyhow, anything on the GitHub will have a higher chance of a response.

The same thing happened with Insewerant's ISAMapSat, except kind of in reverse. The dev build worked for 0.20, the previous version did not. The first post contained both versions; every day for a month the thread was bumped by people asking why the download wasn't working and why they couldn't put the (old) version in the new folders.

Insewerants appears to have disappeared, for some reason..