[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

Does this mod keep isa mapsat mapping while not in "focus". Kethane drill, drilling. .....

Unfortunately all satellites basically shut down, this is from normal KSP and not the mod....

Edited by DoubleOSeven1
Better quote people....

Talk about the window popup when clicking CTRL button. It works perfectly fine on the first click..

But after I close it, and I try open it again, it simply just appear and then disappear (flash once).

And I tried to reload the game by re-enter the vessel, reselecting career. Neither of them solves the problem =(

You are correct, I'm seeing this behavior also, except I don't even get the windows the first time. Pressing the Ctrl button in the satellite list pops on the flight computer windows briefly.

Is there a way for another mod to know whether the vessel is controllable? I would like to disable my mod if the vessel loses contact.

I'm a terrible programmer, but perhaps try this in your mod:

//Pseudo-code
public void DoStuff()
{
Vessel v;
if (v.IsControllable)
{
turnonStuff;
}
else { turnoffStuff; }
}

Then use DoStuff() in FixedUpdate. Also, Tosh does some reflection to find out if RemoteTech is in radio contact or not. So look there if all else fails.

Sorry if this doesn't help, just guessing here. :confused:

Edited by Spaceghöst

There is a way to shut down Mechjeb when comms are out of range?

Yes, you need to make sure you have this module in your MechJeb part(s):

// --- RemoteTech parameters ---

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRemoteTechSPU
minimumCrew = 0
EnergyDrain = 0.02777778
isRemoteCommand = false
}

I did this to all my command pods too, which insures that even the manned craft can at least act as signal relays, without having to attach a seperate RemoteControl part. I think you also use that module in place of the standard command module section, at least based off of the one RemoteTech probe pod. Not sure if it's necessary, but it's what I did on mine and it works great.

Ok, so this might have been brought up in the past thousand pages of this thread, but I am having issues where I put a satellite into orbit and after setting the flight computer to keep it oriented towards the surface, completely resets itself after I go into the tracking center and go back into the flight. Is there any way to save the flight computer settings between flights?

Just to put it out there, I'm looking for some volunteers:

• I've wasted about a week trying to rewrite JDP's flight computer (the non-GUI bits) because I never got the actual control to work. Because of that, I'm looking for someone who can implement a proper control system for the flight computer that can hold an orientation and isn't straight up ripped from MechJeb.
  • The current antennas included with RT could use some work, so I'd like it if someone could design a few antennas and dishes for the plugin that have a nice stock feel to them. Perhaps also help with balancing parameters and such.

I'll be on IRC @ #KSPModders if anyone needs me.

Ok, so this might have been brought up in the past thousand pages of this thread, but I am having issues where I put a satellite into orbit and after setting the flight computer to keep it oriented towards the surface, completely resets itself after I go into the tracking center and go back into the flight. Is there any way to save the flight computer settings between flights?

Crafts in time warp or inactive do not have physics and stay pointed the same direction forever (which is rather nice for static solar panels)

If I were to drive a RemoteCommand module with an antenna and a few kerbals from the KSC to precisely the other point of Kerbin, I would have permanent coverage in a full 5000km sphere around Kerbin, correct?

If I were to drive a RemoteCommand module with an antenna and a few kerbals from the KSC to precisely the other point of Kerbin, I would have permanent coverage in a full 5000km sphere around Kerbin, correct?

Mostly, some small bits to the side where you don't have coverage. Most of us just build a ring of satellites.

This may have been asked before but how on Kerbin do you use the Maneuver option in the Flight Computer???

1 open the flight computer (if you drop a maneuver node, you can select that option for the direction)

2 click on one of the directions

3 move throttle slider to desired percentage

4 type in burn time

5 type in excecution time

6 hit send

Edited by cxg2827
typo

1 open the flight computer (if you drop a maneuver node, you can select that option for the direction)

2 click on one of the directions

3 move throttle slider to desired percentage

4 type in burn time

5 type in excecution type

6 hit send

Thanks a ton!

yig7cJ9l.png

Yes, that is the tracking station.

Yes, those are red dots marking command stations.

Yes, that is a mouse-over configuration window in the corner.

Coming Soon (probably a week after 0.21)

I love this mod, but I have some questions!

First, can you reestablish contact with lost probes, ie if you lost contact can you reestablish it when they get in range.

Second I think this is a bug but all my menus disappeared, I still have connections and stuff but the menus are gone. I tried clicking on the dishes so they would appear but it didnt work

Thanks! Awesome mod, Im loving try to set up my network

Hmm, fancy, but not sure that is more readable.

Formatting in that popup menu is a work in progress. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I love this mod, but I have some questions!

First, can you reestablish contact with lost probes, ie if you lost contact can you reestablish it when they get in range.

Second I think this is a bug but all my menus disappeared, I still have connections and stuff but the menus are gone. I tried clicking on the dishes so they would appear but it didnt work

Thanks! Awesome mod, Im loving try to set up my network

In the new version you can reset dishes from the tracking station regardless of whether the satellite has a connection. You will not be able to do this from the map view. Think of it as a punishment that you have to go to the tracking station to fix your screwups.

Apart from that you can EVA to configure your dishes.

Edited by Cilph

wouldn't mind it if it could collapse in a fashion similar to mechjeb. it would make for much easier flights.

Also: have you ever thought about having a sort of autopilot that would rely on something like prog-com, possibly using telemetry data gained through orbital satalites.

wouldn't mind it if it could collapse in a fashion similar to mechjeb. it would make for much easier flights.

Also: have you ever thought about having a sort of autopilot that would rely on something like prog-com, possibly using telemetry data gained through orbital satalites.

It collapses. There's a button in the corner where if you mouse-over that menu pops up, and disappears once you move the mouse away from it.

Progcom integration is planned, I should be coming to that soon. Figaro GPS might be as well.

In the new version you can reset dishes from the tracking station regardless of whether the satellite has a connection. You will not be able to do this from the map view. Think of it as a punishment that you have to go to the tracking station to fix your screwups.

Apart from that you can EVA to configure your dishes.

Hmm, I am not sure about the reset thing. I mean there is a way to fix your screwups (by EVA). Launching a rescue/repair mission sounds great. Don´t make it to easy for us please.

Hmm, I am not sure about the reset thing. I mean there is a way to fix your screwups (by EVA). Launching a rescue/repair mission sounds great. Don´t make it to easy for us please.

You could already re-assign targets by switching to a vessel that did have connection. What you couldn't do and can't do, however, is extend an antenna. If you launch up something and it's out of range or you forgot to extend the antenna, you're still screwed without EVA.

Of course, config options can fix the problem entirely.

Don't worry too much. RT gameplay development is an eternal tweaking of difficulty. Rest assured that gameplay testing will be done and difficulty levels will be balanced.

on another note: I've finally breathed life back into my desktop. Once the issue was diagnosed, it took a carefully executed heatsink transplant. So I should be able to work more closely with Cilph presently.

I've still got a lot of followup work to do with my thesis: Articles need to be written, lectures need to be held, and organizations need to be notified of our findings. Thankfully I can decide my work schedule myself, since the work is entirely unpaid. So I should be able to get some RT development time in.

Edit: Just as I was finished writing this, I got a job offer! :D I'm very excited to start in the very challenging field of neuro-surgery.

I won't start until October though. So I should have plenty of time to work on the coming RT update before most of my time will be taken up by the tasks of learning a specialty field.

Edited by JDP

Edit: Just as I was finished writing this, I got a job offer! :D I'm very excited to start in the very challenging field of neuro-surgery.

I won't start until October though. So I should have plenty of time to work on the coming RT update before most of my time will be taken up by the tasks of learning a specialty field.

Congrats on the job!