Kerbal on Manjaro/Arch

russb

Hi, just wanted to get a feel for whether users of Manjaro are successfully using Kerbal? I've seen a lot of threads where folks are trying (and mostly succeeding) to install on Arch via Steam. Just want some general feedback on how smoothly this goes, since it's not an officially supported setup.

Thanks!

Russ

Welcome to the forums, Russb! :)

I don't know about Manjaro, although I used it in the past (and Arch+Gentoo as well for quite some time), but it works on Ubuntu/LM/Kde Neon without big problems. Especially after mesa 17 was released.
I am using opensource amd drivers and current mesa does not need any parameters (like glcore) anymore.
But if you have nvidia proprietary, you won't need to worry anyways.

Where you could have difficulty is, if your path to KSP installation directory contains non-latin characters. - there you'd have to use LC_ALL=C.

But that's it. I have created a launch script to make things easy and in one place, but its totally optional.

Edit: Also, according to the recent OS poll, approximately 25% of members picked GNU/Linux as their host OS for KSP, in case it matters. You can find me in that crowd too.

Edited by Kerbal101