Great Success

jloosh

On way to minmus!

screenshot86.png

In minmus orbit.

screenshot87.png

And now.

screenshot88.png

Landed somewhat close. Now the fine moving using the RCS thrusters begin and the following resulted.

screenshot92.png

screenshot93.png

Hard work and a big learning curve has paid off. So excited.

This is awesome practice.

Congratulations! I did that once back in .15 and it was awesome. Nice looking ship btw!

Thanks, I never really tried to go there until a few weeks ago. I had a great sense of accomplishment when I got there. Now it feels like nothing to get there...even though I have only gone twice.

Ill have to get some pictures of the ship on launch. One of my better designs. Get a good one going to the Mun, then add some fuel to to compensate for Minmus.

That's one beast of a rocket plus how many rcs tanks do you need? Still that's what's nice about this game all the varying designs that work. Anyway congrats on the landing and major props on getting the two landers that close! I'm always off by about 10 meters or so but it looks like you could touch the other capsule with even getting off.

Did they swap ships and fly home?

Incidentally, anybody else find the struts that people seem to always put to keep the top section of their rockets stable really really ugly? They seem to feature on far too many shots of rockets on pads and I can't help but be slightly annoyed by them!

That's one beast of a rocket plus how many rcs tanks do you need? Still that's what's nice about this game all the varying designs that work. Anyway congrats on the landing and major props on getting the two landers that close! I'm always off by about 10 meters or so but it looks like you could touch the other capsule with even getting off.

I like the spare rcs tanks, always seems like you could use another one. I landed over 800m away from the other lander, then using the rocket motor adjusted the thrust so I would hover basically, then used the rcs thrusters to glide into position by the other rocket.

And thanks about the beast comment. Ill post some pictures of my other rockets. Check out the 3 person lander, it boggs the pc down to seconds per frame at times.

To Tigga, I do agree with you about the struts, although I needed them for this due to being unstable.

Original Mun Lander Rocket

screenshot101.png

3 Person Lander with bada$$ lander

screenshot102.png

And some pictures of the lander on the Mun

screenshot54.png

screenshot57.png

Did they swap ships and fly home?

Incidentally, anybody else find the struts that people seem to always put to keep the top section of their rockets stable really really ugly? They seem to feature on far too many shots of rockets on pads and I can't help but be slightly annoyed by them!

Oh and to answer your question, no they didn't. They are both there....but I should do a quick save and send them home to see if I can do it...they may be lost in space currently haha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.