So i downloaded RasterPropMonitor this afternoon and extracted the files to their correct places.

Then i fired up ksp, and it displayed an error. It said that rasterpropmonitor.dll is in gamedata/squad/ instead of its proper place. In the game files, rasterpropmonitor.dll is in its correct directory...

How do i solve this?

Hi what did you extract to where  This and other questions can be answered if you supply a zipped copy of you KSP.log.  If the game says you've put it in the wrong place you probably have or have somehow acquired a duplicate incorrectly installed version. KSP.log required for further assistance .

The most likely possibility is that this:

4 hours ago, I am Larsen said:

So i ... extracted the files to their correct places.

... In the game files, rasterpropmonitor.dll is in its correct directory...

... is not true. To find out for sure, we would need to know where you extracted it and/or what you believe to be the correct place.

Its saying that rasterpropmonitor.dll is supposed to be in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins, but when i check, its already in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins... Also, when i initially extracted the .zip file, i extracted to \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad.

19 hours ago, I am Larsen said:

Its saying that rasterpropmonitor.dll is supposed to be in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins

No, it's supposed to be in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor. Don't put it under Squad.

1 hour ago, I am Larsen said:

You mean just move the JSI folder to the correct GameData? For me, it got rid of the warning, but nothing has changed in game... I cant tell if im stupid or my game is broken.

Your best option is to delete the whole game folder and start from scratch with a fresh copy. Once you have a bare stock install that works, then extract the JSI folder to the location I specified in my previous post. Properly released mods should never be put under the Squad folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.