I just realised something about Bill and Bob.

Ultimate Steve

20 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Do still have those skins (or other ones, BTW)? Can you share them? :wink:

T'was this, I believe. I think the order has changed, so they won't assign the same as before, but you can do it manually.

8 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

You guys do know that the "Science guy" is an engineer

Oh, yeah! But "science" has a different context in-game, so the Science Guy music wouldn't fit...

8 hours ago, Col. Kernel said:

and that lately he's put out some info that's far from scientific?

Ah... I've heard about it, but haven't looked myself :( 

While Bill Nye the science guy makes you think "scientist" and he's a big advocate of Science, he has a degree in Aerospace Engineering, so making him and Engineer isn't that far off.

As for Bob being "Bob the Builder" -- I doubt that. In the beginning, there were Jeb, Bob and Bill, without any roles assigned to them. That was a clear reference to the "Hillbilly" origins of the Kerbal Space Program.

Then, many alterations later, came the specific roles  the Kerbals could take. Jeb, with his Bad-S attitude, obviously became Pilot. Bill, I guess because of the Bill Nye (the engineer) reference, became Engineer. And that leaves Bob as the scientist. As simple as that.

If you need some kind of historical reference for Bob, think of the founding father of American rocket science; Robert (Bob!) Goddard. Nobody ever called him Bob? Well, he wasn't bug-eyed green either...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.