[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

I don't think willitstimothy knows what tidally locked means. But anyway, I'm wondering what effects heat will have on your Kerbals on EVA. Will they get sunburn? Hahaha

For now their ship will incinerate if they get into a med/low orbit.. So yes sun factor 5'000'000 is advised..

Tonight, I dug up the old BACE pack and constructed this:

- snip-

DunaLab! The first space station scheduled to be placed in orbit around another planet.

Wow that's cool!

I can't wait to see it up in the sky orbiting another planet.

But how you gonna get a thing so big to another planet with the rockets parts we got now? Or docking, or CFG editing, or the use of the new parts, or using the dev tool.

Also, I was thinking when I saw the picture, would it be not wonderfull if those be stock parts and functional (like the solar panels for power for in the inflateble thing where kerbals can be IVA'ing)?

Edited by kevinlacht

lLzwN.jpg

DunaLab! The first space station scheduled to be placed in orbit around another planet.

Space Windmill.. :P But wheres the rest of the LV?

Edited by Atimed

--------

So there's no compatibility issues with that old pack? Cool.

Edited by Winter Man
Damn spoiler tags have all gone changed

does anyone know, will the gas giant be the only planet with an atmosphere? it would be great to have a landing like on mars.

Moho - very thin atmosphere

Eve - denser than Kerbin's

Kerbin - herpderp

Duna - thinner than Kerbin's

Jool - much much bigger than the other planets', go too deep and your ship implodes

When it's ready. We don't want it to be rushed:)

I know, I also do not want anyone to rush either , this game is just very addictive, and now they have added a new planet, I'm going to improve my astrophysics and send a probe to a grand tour trough the Kerbal system :)

I could then record the amazing video, then certainly everyone subscribed to my channel on YouTube :) But I think I would have to buy a terabyte hard drive, because, unfortunately, the files created by Fraps take an awful lot of HDD space

I know, I also do not want anyone to rush either , this game is just very addictive, and now they have added a new planet, I'm going to improve my astrophysics and send a probe to a grand tour trough the Kerbal system :)

I could then record the amazing video, then certainly everyone subscribed to my channel on YouTube :) But I think I would have to buy a terabyte hard drive, because, unfortunately, the files created by Fraps take an awful lot of HDD space

not just one new planet, but i think 4 in this update, not to mention all the moons coming with them. and there will be even more in upcoming updates.

not just one new planet, but i think 4 in this update, not to mention all the moons coming with them. and there will be even more in upcoming updates.

Pretty sure thats what he meant. You cant exactly do a grand tour with only 2 planets now can you...