[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Ohhh, not hoping for this or anything but a few easter eggs at the deepest darkest parts of Laythe would be awesome, like a sunken temple.

-The remains of the Space Kraken perhaps.. Or its operating base that uses floating point glitchines to destroy our crafts.. Muhahahaha

-The remains of the Space Kraken perhaps.. Or its operating base that uses floating point glitchines to destroy our crafts.. Muhahahaha

You mean something like a Bermuda Triangle? Or somethign like that tower which destroyed vehicles in Just Cause 2 (if someone played that game :P)

On a slightly unrelated note, nobody seems to realize how underpowered the 2m parts are, the tanks are fine but the engines are far too heavy for their thrust, I just use 1m parts for my Interplanetary craft, 2m engines should really be lightened in 0.17.

I think this is mainly because the 2m Engines are meant either for A)taking off from Kerbin or B) landing somewhere.

I myself use three 1m engines as a second stage and then a single 1m for third stage. I really think getting to these new planets (and their moons) are going to be AWESOME! Can't wait.

As I do not encourage big submarines that we would use on Kerbin, but little un-manned deep sea probes to deploy on moons/planets such as Laythe, or you could also use them for diving into the depths of Jool and the other gas giants.

Also if we ever get a mini-VAB for deisgning rovers you would also design your D.S.P. (Deep Sea Probe) or G.D.P. (Gas-giant Discovery Probe) in there too.

Edited by swiftgates24
Grammar (School has done it again)

I still think the answer to Laythe is to add pontoons or water skis to spaceplanes. Not sure if there's a mod for this yet, but the situation seems to demand it if we ever want to get home again, barring a very, very precise island landing.

You could also use those structural fuel tanks, they're light, and should do the job. You could also attach radial decouplers to them so after take off you can get rid of some weight...

P.S. Thanks for the Happy Birthday e-mail KSP Forums ;)

Edited by Panichio

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but I was curious if .17 would introduce parts that allow for crew beside the standard command modules? I'm looking forward to being able to transport more than 3 Kerbalnauts at once.

I've noticed that the devs have been rather quiet this cycle. Is there any reason for this? The .16 hit a good while ago and besides a few posts about the kraken I feel like we have received nothing much in what is to be in store for the next update. It also seems like the mod makers have all but quit. Maybe I'm not as good at navigating this new forum though. I guess I'm just a little perturbed by the lack of involvement the community seems to have.

The devs being quiet is partly caused by the change of forums, as they were waiting for blogs to work properly, and also due to the amount of work they are putting in the next update. Sure, we haven't had much info since, but you can get an idea by looking at the features list for 0.17.

Regarding modders, well, maybe they're waiting for the new version, maybe they don't have much more to add to theirs mods, maybe they don't know what to create...