[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

Most modders are "quiet" because they have had to do a lot of work to get their mods up to date.

For example the new KOSMOS VA was only released a day or so ago because the whole time (since 0.16 launch) they have been working really hard to change things over to being 2m parts.

The KOSMOS Angara won't be ready until at least next week and I'm sure its the case with many other big mods.

Another example is the new Novapunch remix was just released today because of the whole 2m parts business.

You just have to remember that modding is their whole life, they have other commitments which can take them away from developing their mod(s).

The .17 update thread hasn't changed much in the past few days. Hm.

I can't wait to do interplanetary stuff, I've been having a lot of fun trying (and failing) to do it in orbiter lately. KSP is much easier to play. Although That's because you can just wing it.

I'm sure they're quite busy, and I did appreiciate nova giving us the planet types and names (really, really cool to be in the loop on that) but ever since .15 came out it has felt somewhat like this. loooooong periods of silence to finally be broken with some minute, abstract detail of development. I just have felt so very uninvolved as a community member, although whatever moderater had to read my previous post before approving it, did indeed pass it so at least my voice is being heard.

DimethylMercury, you should check the new Blogs, HarvesteR himself has been quite active, also you must be aware that creating a game such as KSP takes a lot of effort so there is often not much time for Squad to socialize as much as they'd like to :)

Another thing, you are a Curious George, you will be upgraded to Bottle Rocketeer after your 5th post, this is a basic anti-spam measure and all new members have to go through it.

One last point, discussions such as this are off-topic and potentially derailing, and are not suited to this thread.

.16 had regular updates, I remember seeing the new pods in development by C7, the new animation for explosions and new parts from Nova and work on EVA and ladders from Harv but this update seems to be very silent, Nova posts on this thread with pics and info regularly which is good but I find the rest of the team have been rather silent, must be busy :) I don't mind but I'm on the edge of my seat every night in anticipation lol. I really really can't wait for this release, it's the one I've been waiting for :)

.16 had regular updates, I remember seeing the new pods in development by C7, the new animation for explosions and new parts from Nova and work on EVA and ladders from Harv but this update seems to be very silent, Nova posts on this thread with pics and info regularly which is good but I find the rest of the team have been rather silent, must be busy :) I don't mind but I'm on the edge of my seat every night in anticipation lol. I really really can't wait for this release, it's the one I've been waiting for :)

They're working on it. Nova's shown us a picture of almost every celestial object in the system that's he's worked on. I don't know what the problem is. Keep your pants on and wait, it'll get here when it gets here. If there's no updates, that just means that they are working on it.

We've had quite a few sneak peeks: new planets, the POV video of C7, the tutorial assistants, plus the blogs... I don't really feel left in the dark... Additionally I don't think that the devs should be expected to give us minute details on what they're working on. I'd rather have them work on the game :)

Most games do not even get announced until they are in beta... the fact that we have such unprecedented access to information about KSPs development is incredible. Major game dev's would regard the info the KSP team gives out regularly as highly confidential, sensitive, trade secret information. After working for a major dev studio i know that just mentioning any development related information can get you fired and blacklisted from ever working in the industry again. We should feel extremely privileged that we get anything more than a release date... I am very grateful that Squad has allowed us to follow along with the development of this incredible game!

Edited by MaxMurder
spelling ocd