Game crashes, again.

So,  I went to play some KSP, and with some new mods, I thought I was gonna have some fun.... then the game crashes, during the loading screen. Anyone willing to help?

PS: I'm now willing to create a separate copy of the game to test the mods, it's worth it.

Also, I will post the crash report up here, and give the thread the tag "resolved", if I fix it.

Thank you.

It was caused by mono.dll, I know that it means that some mods are outdated, but I can't tell what. I'm pretty sure it's not MK4 parts, and the Near Future modpacks all support 1.3. I have a pastebin link here for anyone who wants to try to decode it.

Output_log: https://pastebin.com/raw/c3znYXaA

Edited by Astromoo2
I was a lazy cheeks, sorry. I'm now willing to experiment.

24 minutes ago, Astromoo2 said:

I'm not willing to create a separate copy of the game to test the mods, that's too much work

Anyone willing to help?

If you're not willing to engage in even basic troubleshooting, why would anyone else waste their time trying to solve your problem for you?

with some new mods

Like which "new mods"? Have you tried removing them again?

I will post the crash report up here

A "crash report" is useless.
Follow the support instructions, make sure all your mods are compatible with the KSP release you are running, then provide the usual information:
System details, hardware, OS etc.
KSP version.
Installed mods, with version numbers.
Minimum mods required to reproduce the problem.
KSP log file.

My guess is that you have updated the game to 1.3.1, and some of your mods are no longer compatible. Without information, only guessing is possible.

---

Tell me if either of these don't work.

The first is a windows crash dump, which is useless.
The second is complete gibberish.
output_log.txt is the log needed.

Edited by steve_v

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

My guess is that you have updated the game to 1.3.1, and some of your mods are no longer compatible. Without information, only guessing is possible.

Doesn't look like a steam install to me.

Your folder is called KSP 1.2.2, so I'm going to assume that's the version you have installed. Beware that KSP mods are not backwards/forwards compatible, so only get a mod for the version of KSP it specifies. 

Just now, Jas0n said:

Your folder is called KSP 1.2.2

Indeed, and yet:

1 hour ago, Astromoo2 said:

the Near Future modpacks all support 1.3.

So who can say?

My money is still on a version compatibility problem of some kind, but as the OP doesn't give any version information, hasn't provided any logs, and is unwilling to make a clean install, I guess the real cause will remain a mystery.

13 hours ago, steve_v said:

My money is still on a version compatibility problem of some kind, but as the OP doesn't give any version information, hasn't provided any logs, and is unwilling to make a clean install, I guess the real cause will remain a mystery.

You can't help someone who isn't willing to help themselves

• 2 weeks later...

The game crashes because it cannot render the game. It even crashes before logging the mods, which is odd because the error log suggests that your memory is almost completely full.

Googling for "HandleD3DDeviceLost unity" suggests trying to force the engine to go single threaded with -force-gfx-direct. As the crash is graphics related it is probably advisable to make sure your drivers are up to date or to look for the culprit in graphics related mods you're using.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Astromoo2 said:

FIXED! AviatorArsenal was killing the game. I suspected it when the game pulled up it's name before crashing.

If you had looked in the AA thread you would find out that by removing the plugin it will work with no issues (it's plastered on a few pages ... I know as I'v commented a couple times about this issue in AA's thread)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.