This game has so much potential on ps4, and yet I see we haven't gotten a meaningful update since about release. I took my expectations from ksp on pc and so far I am thoroughly disappointed. I feel like I've been swindled. Is there any meaningful plans to update on ps4? And not oh were working on it for the Many months in a row that has been the answer

the original company that handled the port screwed up, after months of messing around the were ditched and squad hired a new company,  Blitworkz, to start from scratch porting a later more stable build.  while we dont have a time frame for release, they have told us a few days ago they will let us know when it enters certification.  this somewhat emplies itll be soon.  so there are real meaningful plans for a major update, its just a matter of waiting and we dont know exactly when.

There is not going to be a satisfying answer to this.

A new version has to be developed, and you cannot rush those things. It will be done when it’s done, and nobody will gain anything from Squad releasing a rushed flawed version.

Now, that doesn’t mean there’s no blame on Squad either. They chose to go with Flying Tiger, a move that about 99% on the forum questioned at the time, and five minutes of googling only showed them as delivering shoddy work. That distrust wasn’t unfounded, it seems, and now we’re here.

If I had bought a console edition I’d be upset too. But aside from an understandable need to vent, you’ll have to sit it out—posting about it isn’t going to solve things.

"It will be done when its done"

Batpucky, if there isn't a schedule here then there isn't likely any other plan.

Squad indicated this would be released "early next year" in 2016, the we are approaching the end of 2017 with still no sign, no announced expected launch date indicates either something has gone seriously wrong somewhere or there wasn't actually a plan in the first place.

I mean seriously? the Xbox at least is basically a low spec PC these days, port the Xbox controller to the PC version and get the interface working there, back porting to work without a keyboard shouldn't then be too complicated - or make that little plug in keyboard thingy a requirement for accessing stuff like action groups etc and just leave the controller flying things and moving the cursor.

Basically get the stuff required for console compatibility baked into the main code, then the update cycle is a lot easier, the delays become the console certification process (so maybe have a round up every six months or so about the x.x.1 release level)

Getting beyond a joke to be honest now, how the released (maybe escaped) version got past QA in the first place still has to be answered, if this was a freebie or maybe budget 'app' on a mobile you could get away with it, but a commercial game release thats essentially unplayable, and still unfixed with no sign of a fixed release after this long?

get a grip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.