Most Frustrating Things in KSP

Goddess Bhavani

4 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

What does "limited" even mean, anyway?  What's the difference between limited control and no control?

You can set the throttle to max/min, and the SAS direction buttons work (however many the probe core in question usually has access to). What you can't do is free rotate or control the throttle. It's probably possible to land on Minmus like this, but I'd hate to do it on something bigger.

But I don't get why "require connection for control: off" leaves me in this state. I'm ok with requiring connection for science, but I'd like off to mean off :( 

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@eddiew Are there any related difficulty toggles? Like anything specifically with "kerbnet" or "commnet" in the name?

You can turn off commnet entirely, but I believe this completely removes the need for appropriate antennae ranges to transmit science...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 5:50 AM, Urus28 said:

I tried to dock yesterday a 200+ part ship to a 500+ part station and well... 3fps at best. It was just impossible to dock properly. KSP has a real problem with performance.

I have also very annoying situations when building ships in particular when I have many parts, it becomes very difficult to place the new parts where I want and making merge or use sub-assemblies can be a nightmare.

Yeah, I like to build large ships too.This game was simply not designed for such use. I think Squad didn't foresee that the game would be so heavily modded. It's not optimized for more than 50 parts or around:)

1 hour ago, Kerbital said:

Yeah, I like to build large ships too.This game was simply not designed for such use. I think Squad didn't foresee that the game would be so heavily modded. It's not optimized for more than 50 parts or around:)

Yup, I cant tell you how many nights I have wasted building some huge intricate ship only to have the game spick and sputter to a point it was simply disturbing. That's one of the reasons I started my mod for this game, and the entire reason I integrate things like RCS thruster/fuel and probe cores in my tanks. A stock falcon heavy would probably take around 100 parts to make and would lag without a payload. My aim is to make it in under thirty. This is why mods are the shiz nit! You laggin while I'm playin.

13 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Actually I've find a mod to solve a part of the problem : time control.

The slow motion option allows to increase the fps and make the game easier to control with big construction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.