Some multiplayer ideas from us Kerbal Redditors

Benova

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/y4j8u/suggestion_when_multiplayer_is_implemented/

Here is the thread. Basically, it involves a huge multiplayer change. Things like factions, International space stations, private bases, stock parts that include weaponry, and all around crazy. Right now, KSP mimics current space programs, basic orbits and satellites, as well as some interplanetary (in the next update) travel. But I think when we look at Earth's space program, we can see space fighting in the next few centuries. So, why not include that into the KSP game. It would be a huge boost to the game, making this not only the best space simulator game, but also the best space fighting game. I am tired so excuse my bad grammar/spelling/stupidity.

Anyway, I hope Squad looks at this and puts it in mind. I don't expect anything in the next couple updates, but I think this would be an awesome thing to look into implementing. This game has so much potential, and is already addictive as hell in Alpha. Again, this gives us a new objective: Build, conquer, fight. Not just travel.

Thank you so very much if you put the time into reading this ******** of a text paste thing. Smagmuck, if you think you can make this sound better, tell me, because now i realize I shouldn't have done this. So sorry.

-Convert to Metal (Benova)

Multiplayer has been discussed to death and bringing the topic up around here is like beating a dead horse.

Suffice to say there are no current plans to add multiplayer but it's not off the table completely. The single player game will be done and complete before Squad even looks at the concept simply due to the difficulties of issues like warping. Space simulation can take long periods of time requiring some form of time acceleration that just doesn't translate well to multiplayer.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

KSP is not a combat simulation. It will never be a combat simulator in any way. It will NEVER have ANY form of combat or weaponry.

Please don't ask for it. Or multiplayer.

Edited by NovaSilisko

I presume that nova means stock parts. People can mod whatever they like into the game.

Anyways. We're done here. All that is to be said has been said. We appreciate suggestions, but this one in particular is done to death.

Edited by socket7

I wonder why the "Kerbals at War" video is a sticky on the general discussion forum if we don't want to promote weapons or warfare. Just an observation.

I think that's because it's a fan-made, very well done video that demonstrates the ability to fake combat in a game that is not intended for this.

KSP will never feature bombs or missiles or whatever as stock parts, but people have already done this, and will certainly continue. And no doubt, the day multiplayer arrives (if ever) will be the dawn of an age of space combat.

Because it was a good piece good editing and a good video, and I made a decision to showcase it as what you can do with mods and a good imagination. Not only is MP NOT COMING until at least after KSP 1.0, when and if MP does ever come, it wont be conflict. Now we're done discussing the dead horse, any more MP threads will be removed.

-DR