How to balance aerodynamic lift in VTOLs

Hello people. perhaps some among you could drop some pointers on keeping VTOLs from generating too much lift in specific places. For instance, one of my VTOL craft I call the Drake uses multiple delta wings four of them create the main wing in a sort of rounded triangle, two form the horizontal tail wing, and a third forms the vertical tail wing. The design worked well at first, aside from generating minor lift with just two VTOL fans place along the belly of the craft. As a result it did produce quite a bit of lift in the front. I theorized that it was because the two sets of wings on the main body were producing enormous amounts of lift, though it didn't effect much as i was still able to control the craft and nose down to achieve forward movement. However just last evening when i went to test and tweak the same craft, during test flight the lift being produced in the front was so intense that even at minimum throttle needed to achieve lift, the craft was flipping backwards or rising straight up at 90 degree angles.

when i went to test and tweak the same craft, during test flight the lift being produced in the front was so intense that even at minimum throttle needed to achieve lift, the craft was flipping backwards or rising straight up at 90 degree angles.

This bit is something I've been concerned about. In my own vessels, I've sometimes noticed seemingly inconsistent behavior. Usually the culprit is one "minor" change that I did between flights and then forgot about. But sometimes a connection gets messed up somehow, and causes strange problems in general. I can remedy this by removing and reconnecting the cockpit. That has the effect of re-connecting all the subsequent parts, and often fixes the problem.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Ive been fleshing out my two currently "functional" VTOLs int he last two days, both operate very differently. But for the most part can fly at a modest pace of 150-100m/s, however landing still presents a challenge as the only way to land is to land them like a normal fixed wing, because even minimum power seems to generate still to much lift for them to gradually descend at a vertical angle of less than 45....