Updates and Mods

BrokeDiamond

Hello all, I'm a fairly experienced vanilla player who just decided to upgrade from the demo to the full game.

Unfortunately, I'm now rather confused by all the different rocket parts and different command modules and I can't figure out what parts fit together. Does anyone know of any good tutorials that explain all the changes between 0.13 and 0.16?

Also, the wiki at http://184.154.141.114/~kerbalsp/wiki/index.php?title=Moon_landing_using_mods says that I should have the Intrepid SLS Rocket, Larger Solid Rocket Booster, Lunar Landing Module, and the Larger Solid Rocket Booster mod, but I can't find them anywhere. Where can I find these? Thanks.

Welcome to the forums

.13 and .16 are very different but you can look at the changelog for the game to see all of the differences here.

.16 added 2meter parts and .15 added spaceplane parts to the game so there are a lot to figure out but just play around with it :)

Larger SRB shouldn't matter as there is a vanilla one now if you want more check out novapunch or kw rocketry but both add tons of parts to the game.

But here is one

Lunar Lander

I didn't see the sls rocket though

Edited by Navy4422

Hi BrokeDiamond, you don't actually need those mods at all, and you can easily land on the Mun and return with the stock parts.

This updated Wiki has the new parts listed, and a lot of other info you might need, as far as fitting them together though, you can do what you like really :)

I think those mods are in the NovaPunch pack but that is not available right now, but like I mentioned, you don't need them.