Recovering a local but not active vessel?

eberkain

Is there a mod that can recover a local but not active vessel?  My issue is when I launch from somewhere other than KSP with Kerbal Konstructs I end up with the launch clamps as debris that I have to go into the tracking station and recover one by one.  @linuxgurugamer has the mod Smart Parts, and I was thinking about attaching a timer with a 10 second delay or so to each clamp that would trigger a recover action, but I can't find a mod that exposes vessel recovery as a part action.  Is that even possible? 

I think the core problem is that launch clamps are always considered debris and not vessels. The same thing happens on the KSC launchpad as well.

Rather than trying to change the definition of "debris" to "vessel" (because that would cause a whole host of problems, I think), you'd be better off seeing if there's a mod that allows you to "recover" debris instead.

I do not know if such a mod exists, but that's the route I'd take.

I don't know that much about how the game works yet but I'm pretty sure that internally everything is a vessel and debris is just one way to classify a vessel.  Either way, still the same problem.  There is a built in function to clean up the KSC launchpad, I wonder if there is a way to expand on that?

On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 2:13 AM, eberkain said:

Thats a good point, but I think they only time Stage Recovery triggers is when an unloaded vessel would normally be deleted.  Not sure there is a way to force it to recover something.   I will find out though. 

You can check RecoverAll & DestroyAll if this will fit your needs.

On 30/01/2018 at 12:47 AM, eberkain said:

I don't know that much about how the game works yet but I'm pretty sure that internally everything is a vessel and debris is just one way to classify a vessel.  

Nope

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.