New laptop.

bandit4910

Well my parents finally decided to give me there friends old laptop. It's a windows XP HP ProBook 6555b.

Specs:

CPU: AMD athlon II p320 dual core processor 2.09 GHz.

RAM: 1.74 GBs.

Biometric device: Validity Sensor.(It's for mobile phones apparently.)

All the info windows will give me. Trying to see if I can get the biometric device to work. Will I be able to play minecraft/KSP?

Also any $30 dollar batteries this ones suppost to last 8 hours but only lasts 3. Also I need a charger our cat broke this one. Anyway to get one of those?

Also I'm probably upgrading to Win7 soon if possible.

Guest butt head

Will I be able to play minecraft/KSP?

not mine craft its actually kind of gpu intensive its a problem i would expect to be fixed because mine crafts graphics shouldnt be that intensive if you dont mind 10fps then youll be fine although ksp should run okish? and 1.74 gbs seems pretty random/exact you certain its 1.74?

They didn't give the specs. The computer is completely modified. It doesn't have a webcam like advertised. I'm pretty sure they got the laptop from redemtech.

Windows says under system that it has 1.74 GBs. That might be the only amount available, though. I might dua lboot Ubuntu. I'm pretty sure the GPU is integrated. Oh yeah how do I disable the track pad when my USB mouse is plugged in? If it's even possible. I'm used to 10 FPS, that's all my old computer get's. (Sorry if grammars wrong, I keep rubbing my wrists on the track pad and it erases my text.)

Laptops will never make good gaming rigs. Unless you want to play 5+ year old games.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Only temporarily my gaming rig right now. Until I get my PC back from the manufacturer.(They're repairing it.) Then I'm going to use that as my gaming rig. This will be for youtube/school. (Youtube skips on my gaming rig but not on my laptop.) Hopefully They'll finish repairing soon.

Laptops will never make good gaming rigs. Unless you want to play 5+ year old games.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Wrong. Crappy laptops never will. My Precision 6600 smokes KSP and runs Crysis: Warhead at 60 fps on maximum graphics, and gets the same on Skyrim and BF3.

Maybe right now, but laptops aren't easily upgrade-able like desktop computers.

If the various bits of your laptop are discrete (I.e., seperate and removable, rather than integrated) then yes, yes they are. As long as there's a laptop version of whatever you would stuff into a desktop, and your laptop case can physically hold it, you're gold.

Wrong. Crappy laptops never will. My Precision 6600 smokes KSP and runs Crysis: Warhead at 60 fps on maximum graphics, and gets the same on Skyrim and BF3.

That's not a laptop.

That's a mobile desktop :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.