Hello and WTF?

Seret

Just picked up the game a couple of days ago and having fun breaking things and blowing up kerbals. I've pretty much sussed out orbiting Kerbin. Although the two little fellas currently on "extended" missions orbiting the planet in ships with no fuel might dispute that (the second of which was the rescue mission for the first one, so currently rescue missions are on a bit of a hold...)

Getting ahead of myself: I have a question regarding trans-munar injection. It strikes me that timing the burn is key, so that the ship intersects the munar orbit at just the right time to get pulled in and set up some kind of orbit. How the heck do you manage that? Rough guess? Is close enough good enough, and surely this would affect how much fuel it would take to land safely on the Mun? Am I missing something obvious here?

Howdy! and glad to have you with us.

Yeah, timing is key, but it really isn't too daunting. A tried and true method is to get yourself into a stable orbirt around Kerbin, then burn when the Mün is about 10˚ above the horizon.

You should have it down after a couple of tries and be crashing into the Mün in no time! :)

Edited by tjoreilly