Way to tell parts apart needed in parts list

So many of the parts look just the same in the parts list now. Particularly, It's really hard to tell from their little picture what size a part is. 

For instance, there are now 6 separators and 6 declouplers and the pictures are pretty much identical. Same with the three KV capsules, lots of the fuel tanks, the new engines, the structural panels, and the heatshields.

Just a number (or two for adapters)  in the corner of the picture with the part size would help a lot. 

Yes, but the pictures of the parts don't give that information. You have to read the description of each part. That's tedious. 

I appreciate there is the small difference of colour with decouplers and separators but it bearly stands out. 

I also find I am wasting a lot of time trying to find the right fuel tank from the images (it used to be easy...but now the different sized tanks look too similar). It would be nice if the icon showed a number for the size in the corner (0.6, 1.2, 1.8, 2.5, 3.8, 5.0 ...rounded off).

Yes! This! The new color schemes make the rockets uniform by default but makes it MUCH harder to find the right parts.

I spend a LOT more time scrolling through the parts list now trying to find the right black-and-white tank. The decouplers are even worse. A small tiny help is that once I find the tank, I can press the color button and the next time it will be orange (until I restart the game at least).

Previously, tanks and decouplers of different sizes LOOKED different. I have seriously considered some hack like making the color of all 06 parts bright red, 12 green, 18 blue etc. I really don't care if the parts are prettier if they are harder to find. I enjoy building rockets more than painting them and I would much prefer to build it with ease first and then paint it nicely, if at all.

1 hour ago, dvader said:

I spend a LOT more time scrolling through the parts list now trying to find the right black-and-white tank. The decouplers are even worse.

Sort by size helps, some with the tanks, a great deal with the decouplers.  Also, be sure and hover over the item and check the tooltip.  Slows the process down, but it too helps.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:27 PM, klesh said:

I'd be happy if typing "1.25m" or "2.5m" in the search bar would yield the expected results.  No joy.

you can filter the parts list by cross section, which IIRC also separates them by diameter too.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, Brotoro said:

I also find I am wasting a lot of time trying to find the right fuel tank from the images (it used to be easy...but now the different sized tanks look too similar). It would be nice if the icon showed a number for the size in the corner (0.6, 1.2, 1.8, 2.5, 3.8, 5.0 ...rounded off).

And to think, before the update people were complaining because the tanks weren't uniform enough. :/ 

Give it time, eventually you'll pick up on the subtle differences. it's only been a few days and I can already tell most of the tanks apart without looking at the tool tip.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.