Continuous Freezes

So my game has been "crashing" a lot lately, it happens when i either enter the VAB, engage the parachutes, touch down at a surface, adjust the camera position.

From the freeze there's three possible outcomes:

1. the game runs normally in the background, i can click and stage normally (I know it by sounds), but there's no output to the screen.
  2. the game just shutdown, but there's no crash log.
  3. the screen goes all black, and after 30 seconds the computer restarts itself.

My Pc is low end, but i don't think it's a performance issue, because the game runs at 30-35fps at ultra low settings.

PC SPECS:

• Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @3.00 ghz
  • 2 GB Ram
  • i don't know what is the graphics card, but it's integrated, and worse than intel HD graphics.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :)

2 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

I'm amazed that you got it start without crashing.

Get more ram, it's almost impossible the get KSP to run on less than 4G, except possibly for trying out new designs in VAB/SPH.

it was actually running flawlessly before the 1.3.1 update, and it got worse with making history update. so yeah... it's playable at 2GB

1 minute ago, N4palm said:

it was actually running flawlessly before the 1.3.1 update, and it got worse with making history update. so yeah... it's playable at 2GB

Yeah, but it's almost certain that each upgrade will nibble a little bit more memory.

Annoying but true.

Unless it's an old laptop that can't be upgraded with more Ram (old ramsticks are dead cheap, esp on ebay or even flea markets) then it's back to previous versions or find dark magic ways to lower ram consumption (use the 32b exe, gfx settings, etc etc).

13 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Yeah, but it's almost certain that each upgrade will nibble a little bit more memory.

Annoying but true.

Unless it's an old laptop that can't be upgraded with more Ram (old ramsticks are dead cheap, esp on ebay or even flea markets) then it's back to previous versions or find dark magic ways to lower ram consumption (use the 32b exe, gfx settings, etc etc).

I'll try, thanks for your time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.